We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nagoya Hill ON FIRE - 27 April 2013!

Which Batam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
Nagoya Hill ON FIRE - 27 April 2013!

Dear Travelers,

If you are in Batam right now, Saturday 27-04-2013, please be advised not to go Nagoya Hill mall today.There is a fire accident that is burning 2 shop houses next to JCO donuts. There was a huge explosion and cause is unknown yet as of now I am typing. The mall has turned off all electricity too.

There is no immediate danger but I would advise visiting other malls for today. I am pretty sure in a few hours time everything will be back to normal.

Be safe and happy traveling!

Cheeerrsss

Orbe, Switzerland
reviews: 15
1. Re: Nagoya Hill ON FIRE - 27 April 2013!

I planed to go there today but taxi driver told me about the fire. Any news about actual situation and root cause ?

All the best

fred

reviews: 4
2. Re: Nagoya Hill ON FIRE - 27 April 2013!

Everythings fine now. The commotion lasts about 2 hours only. Only part of the mall electricity was shut off (east side).There was an electric circuit failure, which cause the fire. The explosion was caused by the exploded car which was exposed too long near the fire. Its weekend, and it seems like the security guys were not able to assess the situation well enough and act accordingly by removing the cars.

Got the info from a friend of mine, who was the victim. She was trapped at 3rd floor and was rescued. Everythings fine now.

Enjoy your weekend

3. Re: Nagoya Hill ON FIRE - 27 April 2013!

Happy weekend

Edited: 2:40 am, April 28, 2013
Batam, Indonesia
4. Re: Nagoya Hill ON FIRE - 27 April 2013!

your friend was the one clinging out on the window ?

well she was on the newspaper .

5. Re: Nagoya Hill ON FIRE - 27 April 2013!

Everythings fine now. The commotion lasts about 2 hours only. Only part of the mall electricity was shut off (east side).There was an electric circuit failure, which cause the fire. The explosion was caused by the exploded car which was exposed too long near the fire. Its weekend, and it seems like the security guys were not able to assess the situation well enough and act accordingly by removing the cars.

Got the info from a friend of mine, who was the victim. She was trapped at 3rd floor and was rescued. Everythings fine now.

Enjoy your weekend

6. Re: Nagoya Hill ON FIRE - 27 April 2013!

Yeah. she's the one. Why is my post keeps repeating.? Aiyah.

Cheers

Lombok, Indonesia
reviews: 5
7. Re: Nagoya Hill ON FIRE - 27 April 2013!

Hanging out the window sounds topical, your friend likely had some interesting dreams last night, if she ever got to sleep.

A reasonably substantial hotel and restaurant complex in west Lombok burnt down a few weeks ago.

I went past it shortly afterwards and all that remained was some BBQd core buildings, a large empty expanse of land and some forlorn looking palm trees that were seemingly impersonating giant used matchsticks.

Judging by the condition of the remaining structures it must have been quite warm there during the event.

Glad to hear you friend was rescued, it sounds quite dramatic, good that it has a happy ending though there are likely some aggrieved shopkeepers poking around there at the shopping centre today.

Edited: 4:38 am, April 28, 2013
8. Re: Nagoya Hill ON FIRE - 27 April 2013!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 30, 2014