We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some Mundane Questions

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 4
Some Mundane Questions

Good morning, Destination Experts and fellow travellers!

This weekend, my wife and I will be taking a Batamfast ferry to Harbour Bay Terminal, arriving around noon. After lunch, take a cab to Nagoya Hills Mall, jalan for a while (catch a movie...) before walking to Secret Spa for a booked 150mins spa package treatment. After dinner, take a cab to Harris Batam Center Hotel, stay the night, next day jalan BC Megamall (catch another movie...:-) ) before taking the Batamfast ferry at BC Terminal back to Singapore.

We've been travelling DIY for the longest time but this is the first to Batam, so pardon me for some queries which may seem mundane.......

(1) Batam immigration and customs clearance - generally, how long does it take on weekends? 10 mins or half an hour?

(2) we arrive HB Terminal with an open return Batamfast ferry ticket. Is it possible to book our return seats at HB Terminal for next day departure BC Terminal?

(3) Wey Wey Restaurant - is it open for lunch ?

(4) Cabs - through the threads here, I'm roughly aware of the fares payable and journeys are non-metered. But for safety reasons, what about the type of cabs to avoid or to go for? Example, in Jakarta, we'd only flag the Blue Bird or Silver Bird cabs.

Thanks in advance for any advice/comments!

Batam, Indonesia
11. Re: Some Mundane Questions

yeah , one dead in that incident .

some say it was a short circuit , some say one of the machines in that shop caught fire .

fire started on third floor and made way throughout .

still , everything is fine now .

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 25
12. Re: Some Mundane Questions

RichardLin,

Glad that you and your wife had a great trip! Thanks for your report!

Cheeerrssss

singapore
13. Re: Some Mundane Questions

Can I ask if te movies are in english? Thanks!

Semarang, Indonesia
reviews: 36
14. Re: Some Mundane Questions

zodiacbaci,

Yes the movies are in English with Indonesian subtitles with the exception of Indonesian movies.

15. Re: Some Mundane Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Batam