We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watersports+massage plan pls advise

Singapore, null...
reviews: 1
Watersports+massage plan pls advise

Hello! New here and I must say tons of info upon reading other threads. Hope someone can help me out. planning to go for a short 2d1n on June. Primary objectives are parasailing & watersports, massage, and seafood.

1. Turi beach or Harris waterfront fr the watersports?

2. Would I have more flexibility if I decide to stay elsewhere, say Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay and then just go to Turi / Harris for watersports?

3. Travel if I go for option 2 - taxi or hired driver? estimate cost?

4. Sport massage + wey wey good choice?

Thank you!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 28
1. Re: Watersports+massage plan pls advise

Hey Ron,

1. Turi Beach for resort... HArris waterfront for water sports. But do check what Turi has to offer for watersports because Turi is a nicer resort imo.

2. I think it's the same either way you choose. It's a matter of preference because the distance traveled is going to be the same. I personally would choose to stay in the resort if watersports is a big thing. So my first day I will reach the city and stay till after dinner and the late check-in to the resort. But second day would be just chillaxing and doing watersports in Resort till check-out time.

3. Just taxi is okay since you are not going to many places.

4. Indothai if you plan on going to Nagoya Hill mall because it's just across the street. Sports massage is good but you need to walk further and/or need a short transport. If you stay in Turi then look no further, Rezeki seafood is nearby. If you stay in Harris waterfront, then yeah sure, you can just settle for weywey but dont expect too much =)

cheeerrsss

Singapore, null...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Watersports+massage plan pls advise

Hello Chandrana!

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated! i have to say I miss Batam, this is gonna be my second time and bringing friends over so they experience it as well. Last time I went, stayed at KTM. Asked our shuttle driver on how to go around and he offered to drive me around using his taxi. Too bad i wasn't able to save his contact details, service was awesome.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
3. Re: Watersports+massage plan pls advise

Hey Ron,

you are most welcomed. I hope you get to enjoy this trip as much if not better than your previous trip.

KTM can be quite fun... but i dun really like the location if i was a tourist. hehehehe..

Feel free to post any queries that you have if you can't find the answer in the forum.

Cheeeerrsss

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Watersports+massage plan pls advise

Hi, just to ride on the question. If I have already arranged for acomodation elsewhere, would it still be possible to go to say turi beach resort and use their watersports facilities?

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
5. Re: Watersports+massage plan pls advise

Normally Turi beach don't allow guests to use their facilities although you are also a customer. However, what you can do is just say you wanna use their sport facilities and have dinner there.

To be 100% sure, I suggest you write directly to Turi Beach resort.

Cheeerrsss

Batam, Indonesia
6. Re: Watersports+massage plan pls advise

a payment of Rp50.000 is required to use their watersport facilities in Turi Beach . still you are paying for a very good service of watersport facilities as Turi Beach is one of the best , currently , in the Nongsa area .

7. Re: Watersports+massage plan pls advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Batam