We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Batam with kids during public holidays August??

Singapore, Singapore
Batam with kids during public holidays August??

I plan to go to Batam for 4 days mini break during Hari Raya Puasa (8 August) with husband and 2 kids (4 and 3 yrs old).

Does anyone has suggestions for nice stay and activities?

Thx

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
1. Re: Batam with kids during public holidays August??

do you intend to stay near the city, or the beaches?

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Batam with kids during public holidays August??

I think I prefer a combination of sight seeing (in the morning) and some relaxed beach or pool 'activities' in the afternoon?

Batam, Indonesia
3. Re: Batam with kids during public holidays August??

Hotel Vista .

in batam , sightseeing , activities , shopping , food , spa/massage are all separated .

some within 5 - 10 minutes drive from each other and some 1 hour from each other .

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
4. Re: Batam with kids during public holidays August??

Herman,

I assume you are going for 4D3N trip.

I suggest you stay in city area for first 2N, 8-10 August since it's Thursday and Friday night and less crowded. Then move to resort area for your last night, 10-11 August and relax!

In city, I would suggest Harris Hotel Batam Center because it's closer to water park and a decent beach/playground area in CoastaRina. And it's close to other places for some light shopping.

In resort, I would suggest Turi Beach resort or Nongsa Point Marina for family friendly environment with a reasonable budget.

Please do look at these hotels first and determine where you wanna stay so we can provide more suggestions.

cheeerrsss

5. Re: Batam with kids during public holidays August??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 31, 2014