We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfront terminal

Singapore, Singapore
Waterfront terminal

I have tried to do a search before posting. I am new here.

I am going to Waterfront terminal tomorrow and need to confirm if I can find food there for lunch? normal food or only seafood?

TYVM in advance for any answers

Singapore, Singapore
1. Re: Waterfront terminal

I should ask besides Delima, is there other normal food which I can takeaway? Does Delima accept takaways?

Do fellow singaporeans make calls using their SG lines when we need to make a local call? Are public phones or prepaid simcard common there?

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
2. Re: Waterfront terminal

hmm sorry that i'm not familiar with Waterfront yet.

And yes i do make calls straight from my phone. as we are not going to stay there for long, a prepaid sim is like no point.. Anyway, the charges are not that high, provided you dont call and chit chat la. hahaha.

Cheers!

Singapore, Singapore
3. Re: Waterfront terminal

Hi Yihanz thank you. Have you been to or heard more about Delima? I read some very bad reviews about it especially one about the sewage and I am not sure if to dine there. But other reviews are okay. Any advise?

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
4. Re: Waterfront terminal

So sorry i've yet been to waterfront, so i cant comment much. Chandrana or Richard may help you with it. haha. But talking about food, Barelang bridge shouldnt be too far away from there. Heard there are a few seafood kelong there which is not bad.

Batam, Indonesia
5. Re: Waterfront terminal

possible to find foods there , but 80% of the foods there are over priced .

the complex/area waterfront is are mostly deserted only . the only thing keeping waterfront alive are the two resorts located there .

there are no public phones here and local prepaid sim cards are as cheap as $2 only . still as yihanz said , you can make phone calls with your SG line .

any food outlets accepts takeaway .

i've eaten at Delima before , i have to say it isn't really worth your time .

i do not like the taste , the restaurant looks like it's going to collapse , foods are overpriced and some unpleasant smell nearby (i ate there during low tides so the smell should have come from there) .

but that is according to me .

barelang is actually nearby (there is another route) about 30 minutes so or less . the city is about 40 - 45 minutes away .

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Waterfront terminal

thank you to both! RichardBurnz which are the stores I can get prepaid cards? Maybe not getting any but it is good to know. Thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Waterfront terminal

Hi guys, if I drop at Sekupang Terminal, is there food there as well?

Batam, Indonesia
8. Re: Waterfront terminal

just look for small stalls such as this picture .

img401.imageshack.us/img401/5879/74699746.jpg

in the picture you can see a small stall with the sign "MASTERFON GARANSI" . stalls such as those normally sell sim prepaid cards , still you can ask around where to buy once you reach .

there are foods at Sekupang Ferry Terminal but i'm afraid those are light snacks only .

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 18
9. Re: Waterfront terminal

you can find prepaid simcard almost everywhere in Batam. If you see any counter/stall with a whole bunch of numbers then that's it. Just buy like Rp 20,000-50,000. That should be plenty for 2-3 day trip. Ask for "Indosat" provider if you wanna call back singapore. Currently they have the cheapest rate. The code to dial would be 01016-65-(sg #)

There are food in Sekupang but I can't recommend which is good. And the food in waterfront area is okay, just overpriced compared to those you can find in city. But that is to be expected in resort area =) And oh yeah delima's era is over.

cheeerrsss

10. Re: Waterfront terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Batam