We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with family

Singapore, Singapore
Travelling with family

Aloha! Calling out to Batam experts.. ;)

Will be visiting Batam with my family in early April - including my elderly grandparents. Do you have any friendly and honest driver recommendation for 9 adults?

Probably will consist of -

Morning: BCC hotel - Nagoya Hill shopping centre

Dinner time: Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre - Wey Wey Seafood

After dinner: Wey Wey Seafood - BCC Hotel

Cheers!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
1. Re: Travelling with family

Most drivers in Batam are friendly.... but honest, good luck =)

I don't have a driver to recommend yet. Wait till I open my own private tour =)

Please be cautious of those who PM you in trip advisor. Engage and deal at your own risks.

Cheeerrsss

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Travelling with family

Hi Chandrana,

Thank you for your reply!

Let me know if you do, haha! Heh, thanks for the tip :)

Batam, Indonesia
3. Re: Travelling with family

i don't think opening a tour is necessary to provide a driver contact or how to recommend a good hotel is possible only if you open a hotel and tourism business .

i will PM you one driver contact , and the exact price . if it is higher than that , do not take it , look for other drivers or get one from the hotel itself , do check in your TripAdvisor Message .

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
4. Re: Travelling with family

wantstotravelalone

HAhaha... I was just kidding of course. If I wanted to open one, I would have done it a long time ago =)

Anyway, just fyi, two groups complained to me about the driver referred by Richard. One of them got stood up after they had verbal or email or whatever kind of communication. So I had to save them. His name was Andrew or Edward or something like that.

Many people PM-ed me about some drivers sending them private messages. Some of them dealt with them and had unhappy experiences.

Obviously, there are some happy customers too. So as I always say, please make informed decision and be careful. Again you are not gonna get robbed or anything, at most lose some money, which is probably still cheap for you guys =)

cheeerrss

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Travelling with family

Chandrana - hahaha of course you were! Batam's such a small place that people mainly goes there for nails, hair and massage therapy. And usually customers already have preferred places that they always goes to, just like me. Only issue would be transport, especially in a big group!

Richard - Thanks :)

Batam, Indonesia
6. Re: Travelling with family

i had complaints from one group who stayed over at Montigo during the December holidays and ofcourse that is only a misunderstanding .

you see , that group informed of Andrew at the very last minute (a day before) and being December holidays itself , you can be pretty sure that every company dealing in tourism is very busy . the driver i recommend made an effort to direct that group to another driver .

there are no other drivers or transport companies that provide prices as cheap as Andrew , which is why Andrew even offered to pay the other lady the minus charge he rated that group from Montigo . in other words , Andrew is paying half the price as well . quite a generous effort , i would say .

that lady is one of those local corrupted idiots who turn that group down .

well , that is Andrews business with that lady , i don't like people to misunderstand me and the very reason i opened that thread (i took it down already) about Transport that month .

still given that incident , every service / hotels / restaurants has their good and bad complaints .

7. Re: Travelling with family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 21, 2014