We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week family stay in batam. pls suggest best place.

Which Batam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1 week family stay in batam. pls suggest best place.

Hi folks,

I plan to take my family(2 kids under 7 years) to batam during this june school holiday. I was wondering if someone could suggest a good hotel to stay with good amenities/faclities including water play/sports and smorkling. Thanks in advance.

8 replies to this topic
Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
1. Re: 1 week family stay in batam. pls suggest best place.

Sounds like resort area fits your criteria.

Not sure your budget but here are some considerations:

- Batam View Resort

- Turi Beach Resort

- Nongsa Point Maria

- Harris Resort Waterfront

cheeerrsss

Batam, Indonesia
2. Re: 1 week family stay in batam. pls suggest best place.

i'd go for Turi Beach Resort instead of Batam View .

Batam View Beach Resorts era is over . their seasport facility isn't part of the resort anymore , thus you will need to pay to use their beach , even if you are staying at the hotel .

either you pay directly at the receptionist and they provide you a pass , or you pay down at the beach itself .

their beach (especially the water) are dark and foggy , worse during low tides . probably due to the "wave breakers" that covers the area .

Turi Beach is your best bet .

3. Re: 1 week family stay in batam. pls suggest best place.

Thanks Chandrana and RichardBurnz for your feedbacks, much appreciated. Infact, Turi was also my first choice going by the various online reviews and so it is great to get the confirmation from someone who knows better :)

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
4. Re: 1 week family stay in batam. pls suggest best place.

you are most welcomed!

Turi and Nongsa Point have better beach. Batam view is cheaper. So yeah, it's your decision.

cheeerrs

Batam, Indonesia
5. Re: 1 week family stay in batam. pls suggest best place.

definitely Turi Beach . one of the best resort in Nongsa by far .

Hong Kong, China
6. Re: 1 week family stay in batam. pls suggest best place.

Hi , i will be coming to Battam for the first time with my mother (60yrs) and my wife. i am planning to be there this month around 24-25th 2 days. I want my mother to have a great time so i want to arrange things well. I wonder if you could help.

things we want to do-

spa treatments

shop

eat seafood at great places

after dinner go to nice clkean bars that potentially have some live music

have some spicy indonesian foods

I would like reccomendations on a hotel to stay at. I have looked at holiday inn which looks great and also nagoya mansion. As we are a party of three it would be nice if i can get a family room with two bedrooms which these two hotels do. My concern is that everyone seems to be talking about Haris hotel battam centre (due to convenience)? are the previous hotels inconvenient. I would also like to hire a driver?guide to help us get around! Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

reviews: 7
7. Re: 1 week family stay in batam. pls suggest best place.

I just returned from Batam. First time there. Stayed at Harris batam. Its popular cos of the location; next to ferry terminal, opp mega mall. Food wise; their bf is fantastic! Service is good too. Bedroom is clean and simple.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 10
8. Re: 1 week family stay in batam. pls suggest best place.

Although Holiday Inn has better family accommodation / large family suites and a kid's pool with slide, I think the Harris Resort would be a better bet as your kids are toddlers. They also have more activities for kids and their pizzas / pastas are great.

Reply to: 1 week family stay in batam. pls suggest best place.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted