We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Batam Shopping- DC Mall, Nagoya Hills, Lapis,Harbourbay Mall

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
Batam Shopping- DC Mall, Nagoya Hills, Lapis,Harbourbay Mall

Batik house - Sucks... Nothing much to shop there n the stuff there can be obtain outside even at a cheaper price.

Layer Factory (kuih Lapis homemade) - its located near to golden view hotel..

awesome!!!! Tester provided... Cakes are freshly bake. Though the price are higher then outside at the malls but one thing it's worth paying as its FRESHLY BAKE. N delivery provided to hotels but upon paying at the factory itself. Price:

Plain n rempah 200k

Flavor - prune, chocolate, cempedak n etc 235k

Please note that At malls it's selling between 120-180k but its not freshly bake.

Polo Factory - newly open near to Golden View Hotel..

Awesome place behind the Go Kart, spend 250k n above and receive 10% discount n 50k voucher on the spot. Eg you buy 2 shirts at 250k with the above discount you are only paying 175k.. Awesome right .. Lots of variety and affordable price range.. N of course the price differ to those outside as this is at Polo Factory..

DC Mall - It's like Joo Chiat and Tanjong Katong in Singapore. U can get all The kaftan, batik, bridal clothes, head gear n etc there. Pricing wise not bad but you can compare to those in Pasar Jodoh.

Food wise, hmm notink much for fast food but do have some kiosk/ pushcart selling Burger (ramlee burger but the taste is better then those in Malaysia), Cupcorns n etc.. There are a few shop selling local food n don't worry it's aircon.. As I said earlier its exactly like Joo Chiat n Tanjong Katong in Singapore so Mak Cik n Bapak Cik this is your in place to shop Laa.. Hahaha

Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall- it's like our normal shopping mall in singapore.

Matahari = is like our Metro, John little here.

For teens this is your shopping spree place. It's a one stop location where you can have your fast food A&W, n etc.. Shoes, Shirt from toddler to adult I bet you will be able to get at least a shopping back before you head out of the mall. It's like our Shopping Mall like JP, TM, PS..

Nearest hotel will be the Hill, I-hotel, Nagoya hotel, harmoni suites, the hill.

But I will recommend I Hotel, Harmoni Suites and The Hills.

Harbour Bay Mall - I can comment much as this is newly open. Hence notink much there.

It's more for those who check in to The hotel in harbour bay n choose to just shop around there.

Shop for clothes, n yes here the prices are much much much cheaper then those in Nagoya Hills.. Ladies t'shirt is selling at 35k onwards.. And etc.. For food you should try BFC is not bad there.. The fries rice , fried noodle, Chicken, or I should say Local food plus KFC.. Hahah price will be 27k onwards (set mean with drink).. They also have sprite n coke float, ice blended range from 19k..

Harbour Bay Ferry terminal - Basket Robbin, the ice cream awesome .. There is also Avati, it's like Hans but halal version ,

Crackers, salted fish n etc there are 3 stalls selling that.. The shops design, it's like our Chinese sheng shey. The price is about plus minus 5-10k different but for those who choose not to travel I think the price different will not matter.

For clothing there's only one stall name Trendy who sells clothing for both male n female. Range from 60k onwards. There are also imitation polo shirt at 63k onwards..

19 replies to this topic
Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 18
1. Re: Batam Shopping- DC Mall, Nagoya Hills, Lapis,Harbourbay Mall

DTD,

Very nice trip report! hahaha.. some of your comparisons are spot on.. and could relate well to fellow singaporean =)

Sounded like your trip was quite fun. Glad to know that! Let me know if you come again in smaller packs. Maybe can meet up and makan together =)

Cheeersss

Batam, Indonesia
2. Re: Batam Shopping- DC Mall, Nagoya Hills, Lapis,Harbourbay Mall

ahh it's been awhile since i've been to Joo Chiat rd , and yeah you can pretty much compare DC mall to joo chiat . haha

and i wonder if teens now-a-days are still into buying cloths or playing games . JP (Jurong Point?) , TM (Tampines Mall?) , PS (Plaza Singapura?) .

haha speaking of malls in Singapore , i kinda of miss them a lot already , used to hang out at PS for one whole day last time .

Singapore, Singapore
3. Re: Batam Shopping- DC Mall, Nagoya Hills, Lapis,Harbourbay Mall

Hahaha.. Chandran.. Yes, already intended to be there again some time this week or next week.. N indeed really enjoy myself there..

Richard, yap teens will still buy from this malls Like JP, TM as its upgraded to a better mall now.. But Orchard road is still the place to chillax.. Lolxxx.. Bugis street will be for those who into trends.. Lolxxx..

Come, visit me here and I be your tour guide. Hahahaaha..

Batam, Indonesia
4. Re: Batam Shopping- DC Mall, Nagoya Hills, Lapis,Harbourbay Mall

ahh Bugis is my favourite destination . when i'm over at Singapore we can hang out no problem , haha i don't really need a tour . i know Singapore like the back of my hand too =p

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Batam Shopping- DC Mall, Nagoya Hills, Lapis,Harbourbay Mall

Richard ,, oooooo action ehhhhhh.... Lolxxx... Ok contact me k once here...

Batam, Indonesia
6. Re: Batam Shopping- DC Mall, Nagoya Hills, Lapis,Harbourbay Mall

lol where got action one hahaha .

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Batam Shopping- DC Mall, Nagoya Hills, Lapis,Harbourbay Mall

Hi Chadrana,

I will go to Batam tomarrow 22/3/13, do you have time to meet up & makan?

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
8. Re: Batam Shopping- DC Mall, Nagoya Hills, Lapis,Harbourbay Mall

Sorry I just read your message. Guess I am too late. I did meet up with a couple members yesterday and this morning... if you are still here tonight (saturday), send me a message.

cheeerrsss

Singapore, Singapore
9. Re: Batam Shopping- DC Mall, Nagoya Hills, Lapis,Harbourbay Mall

Is the kueh lapis factory next to golden view hotel the brand "layers"

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
10. Re: Batam Shopping- DC Mall, Nagoya Hills, Lapis,Harbourbay Mall

Cassandra,

No, the one in Golden view hotel is called "Batam Layer Cakes". "Layers" (as far as I know) is only operating through stalls in the malls. Layers is cheaper if that helps =)

cheeerrsss

Reply to: Batam Shopping- DC Mall, Nagoya Hills, Lapis,Harbourbay Mall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted