We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport in batam

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
1 review
Transport in batam

Hi, could anyone advise me how can I take a cab at batam ferry terminal to Nagoya mall? How much will it take? As I will be traveling with one old and 2 kids, anything I should avoid?

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
1 review
1. Re: Transport in batam

Any place for recommend safe for all ages and where could I have a nice Ayam penyat? Any reliable driver to recommend as this group old and young are all ladies... I gg tomorrow... Thanks.

Batam, Indonesia
Level Contributor
18 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Transport in batam

Which terminal will you be arriving at? The closest to Nagoya Hills is Harbour Bay. Taxis are available outside the terminal and the fare should be Rp 35,000-40,000, although they will ask for more. It is a 5-minute ride. Taxis from Batam Center terminal will cost Rp 50,000 or more and it is a 20-30 minute ride.The taxis are safe but take a Blue Bird taxi if you are concerned about the independent drivers.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Transport in batam

OMG.. I am so late! How can I miss so many ladiesss??? buahhaa...

Anyway, sorry if this is late! Just last weekend a couple trip advisor members I met told me they paid Rp 50,000 from Batam Center terminal to NAgoya hill mall.

Nothing to worry about... it's safe here. Just make sure the ladies don't wear too minimal =)

Go for "ayam penyet ria" in nagoya hill mall. Its most popular and best-selling on in batam... although I think there are better ones out there =)

enjoy your trip with the ladies!!!

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
1 review
4. Re: Transport in batam

I be dropping at the batam ferry terminal... Is there any recommendation which hotel provide free wifi and near the shopping mall?

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: Transport in batam

you haven't booked a hotel? don't do walk-in man... it's so expensive! If it's batam ferry terminal, the choice is clear. Go for Harris Resort Batam Center!!! just next to terminal and megamal across the street!

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
1 review
6. Re: Transport in batam

at first they say book but now seem to have no room.. i need to find aternative cos I already got the ferry ticket... =(

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
1 review
7. Re: Transport in batam

Hi Chandrana, if I book Harris Resort Batam Center, do I still have to take taxi there? I have seen most of your post and know you are really expert in Batam... if possible, could you help me plan an itinerary for family outing just for 1 day as I be leaving in the thursday early afternoon back to SG. What will be the cost like too? is it possible?

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
28 reviews
8. Re: Transport in batam

Icyrain,

In my previous reply I said that the hotel is next to the ferry terminal. You can take taxi there sure, they just gonna make a u-turn.

As for itinerary, feel free to browse the other threads. We have enough information here to cover you. I don't know what you like, what your budget is, etc etc.

But put it simply, Batam is just for you to shop around, do massages, eat good food, watch movie, and buy grocery/daily needs. There is no attraction or whatsoever I would recommend unless you are a Buddhist enthusiast.

Cheeerrsss

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
1 review
9. Re: Transport in batam

thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
10. Re: Transport in batam

Hi there, just came back from batam yesterday with 8adult - only 3 male and with 4 kids.. So far if go to all malls it's safe.. Ayam penyek ria is at Nagoya hill shopping centre.. Try not to go to the night market.. Lolxxx... Overall my stay there was fun.. It's safe just like in Malaysia JB..