We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood around I-Hotel

Singapore, Singapore
Seafood around I-Hotel

Hi all,

I am new here. However, next Saturday will be my 2nd trip to Batam this year. First time I went was in February with my bf. We din go or even search for any spectacular seafood, just ate within Nagoya Mall. This time I am bringing my mum and younger brother there. We are staying at I-Hotel.

I would like to bring my mum for a good seafood. I have seen a few recommendations.

1) Sri Rezeki - Read its good but quite a distance from Nagoya

2) Wey Wey - Near Nagoya, but honestly, more zi char than seafood.

3) Citra Utma - Not too sure of its distance from I-Hotel

4) Citra Rasa - Not too sure of its distance from I-Hotel

My concern is 'safety'. How should we go about to the various places and which should we go to? I will probably be going to Eska for a spa and then head out for dinner say early evening. My cousins suggested getting Eska to give us free transport to the seafood place, but what about the journey back? I have considered getting the hotel to provide round trip transport, but figured, if we include the transport cost, it might be quite costly and not worth it any more.

Or is there any other place that we could go for seafood that anyone can be recommend?

Many thanks in advance. So sorry for asking similar and repeated questions. Really caught in the dilemma. Hence sorting advice and suggestions. Thank you all.

Cheers!

Tweeza :)

Batam, Indonesia
21. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

phew , went out for breakfast with 2 couples from singapore .

anyways , MOST foods are halal , not sure ? doesn't hurt to ask what it contains .

yes it is near . very near .

Edited: 2:59 am, March 23, 2013
Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
22. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

Most food in Batam is halal... Indonesia is a muslim country after all. We don't really use the 'halal' sign as much as we are supposed to but just ask if you are not sure. If you see the menu doesn't have pork, then most likely you are safe =)

cheeerrss

singapore
23. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

Thanks all!! Really appreciate it. Can't wait to get my hands on seafood and delicious local cuisines there!

Batam, Indonesia
24. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

wecome

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
25. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

Chantress,

most welcomed... we have some really good food here... hope you have the food luck =)

cheeerrsss

26. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 27, 2014