We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood around I-Hotel

Singapore, Singapore
Seafood around I-Hotel

Hi all,

I am new here. However, next Saturday will be my 2nd trip to Batam this year. First time I went was in February with my bf. We din go or even search for any spectacular seafood, just ate within Nagoya Mall. This time I am bringing my mum and younger brother there. We are staying at I-Hotel.

I would like to bring my mum for a good seafood. I have seen a few recommendations.

1) Sri Rezeki - Read its good but quite a distance from Nagoya

2) Wey Wey - Near Nagoya, but honestly, more zi char than seafood.

3) Citra Utma - Not too sure of its distance from I-Hotel

4) Citra Rasa - Not too sure of its distance from I-Hotel

My concern is 'safety'. How should we go about to the various places and which should we go to? I will probably be going to Eska for a spa and then head out for dinner say early evening. My cousins suggested getting Eska to give us free transport to the seafood place, but what about the journey back? I have considered getting the hotel to provide round trip transport, but figured, if we include the transport cost, it might be quite costly and not worth it any more.

Or is there any other place that we could go for seafood that anyone can be recommend?

Many thanks in advance. So sorry for asking similar and repeated questions. Really caught in the dilemma. Hence sorting advice and suggestions. Thank you all.

Cheers!

Tweeza :)

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 18
11. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

Don't go to food courts for seafood! You need luck to eat good seafood at food courts. And don't go to those numbered seafood. hahahaha...

And it's not true, Rezeki is not more expensive than food court chinese seafood stalls. If you compare to malay seafood stalls, then it's true.

Strictly speaking about taste and freshness, you would most likely be satisfied with Rezeki or Citra Rasa. But if you factor in the transport cost and travel time, then it's really up to you =)

Go for zi char! We have many good zi char places here.

Cheeerrsss

Batam, Indonesia
12. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

food at foodcourt are only as good as the price they give .

Singapore, Singapore
13. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

Hi can I ask on this thread, do I take a cab to get from Nagoya Hill Shopping to Wey Wey? Do I just tell the cab drver Wey Wey? And can someone enlighten me the right pronunciation for this word? Thanks alot!

Is it open for lunch as I read on a blog the hours start from 6pm?

Edited: 8:42 am, March 20, 2013
Batam, Indonesia
14. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

if you have read from blogs , then i'm sure it starts at 6pm .

"wei wei" is the pronunciation . if the driver still doesn't know then it is easier you say "Harbour Bay Ferry Terminal" because the restaurant is located just beside the terminal , along with other seafood stalls . just walk you way until you find the name of the seafood restaurant .

Singapore, Singapore
15. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

thanks again Richard. Can I know the cost from Nagoya shopping to Wey Wey? And Wey Wey back to Waterfront area?

By the way is there seafood or other food at Waterfront Terminal? Thanks :)

Batam, Indonesia
16. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

Rp40.000 at most , but negotiate with the driver to Rp30.000 .

it is quite a short distance .

there are other seafood at the terminal as well . i have not tried them (not a seafood fan) but i'd go with Wey Wey since it is famous . haha

Singapore, Singapore
17. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

Thank you once again Richard :) and on your reply to me on the driver thread as well!

Batam, Indonesia
18. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

no problemo .

i replied your message in TripAdvisor , i also stated the price it would take from Holiday Inn - Nagoya Hill - Wey Wey - back to Holiday Inn .

Batam, Indonesia
19. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

also there is one error in that message , i said "it means the license plate number is colour red" , i meant colour yellow* .

in Batam there are only 4 colour plates .

Black colour license plates = private owned vehicle .

Yellow colour license plates = public transport (bus / taxi) .

Red colour license plates = government transport .

White colour license plates = the vehicle is given permission to be used on the road without it's documents and registration papers (maximum up to 3 months) . meaning that the car is new / just bought .

military and police cars have their own unique license plates .

singapore
20. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

Hi all, any idea if the foodcourt are halal?

Is the Windsor foodcourt near to Nagoya area?

Thank you in advance for your feedback