We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood around I-Hotel

Singapore, Singapore
Seafood around I-Hotel

Hi all,

I am new here. However, next Saturday will be my 2nd trip to Batam this year. First time I went was in February with my bf. We din go or even search for any spectacular seafood, just ate within Nagoya Mall. This time I am bringing my mum and younger brother there. We are staying at I-Hotel.

I would like to bring my mum for a good seafood. I have seen a few recommendations.

1) Sri Rezeki - Read its good but quite a distance from Nagoya

2) Wey Wey - Near Nagoya, but honestly, more zi char than seafood.

3) Citra Utma - Not too sure of its distance from I-Hotel

4) Citra Rasa - Not too sure of its distance from I-Hotel

My concern is 'safety'. How should we go about to the various places and which should we go to? I will probably be going to Eska for a spa and then head out for dinner say early evening. My cousins suggested getting Eska to give us free transport to the seafood place, but what about the journey back? I have considered getting the hotel to provide round trip transport, but figured, if we include the transport cost, it might be quite costly and not worth it any more.

Or is there any other place that we could go for seafood that anyone can be recommend?

Many thanks in advance. So sorry for asking similar and repeated questions. Really caught in the dilemma. Hence sorting advice and suggestions. Thank you all.

Cheers!

Tweeza :)

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
1. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

Hi Theres_thy,

If Eska gives you a transport to the seafood place, their drivers will normally wait for you to finish your meal, and drives you back to hotel. Don't forget to tip them for their patience! But nevertheless, please double confirm with Eska.

There is 1 more seafood place at Winsor. it's around Nagoya area too. Do check it out (:

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

I'm not sure if you want to visit A2 hawker center just beside BCC hotel. you may drop by BCS for a walk after your meal to burn your calories. LOL

Singapore, Singapore
3. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

Dear Yihanz,

Thank you so much for the advice! So should I get Eska to give me a transport there? And wait there? Or is there any way I can get back from there after that? Since I could go walk ard in BCS mall after that?

So now, my shortlist will include

1) Sri Rezeki - Read its good but quite a distance from Nagoya

2) Wey Wey - Near Nagoya, but honestly, more zi char than seafood.

3) Citra Utma - Not too sure of its distance from I-Hotel

4) Citra Rasa - Not too sure of its distance from I-Hotel

5) Seafood place at Winsor - Eh, whats the name of the place?

6) A2 Hawker near BCC Hotel and BCS Mall - Is foodcourt style rather than kelong?

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

yaaa the A2 hawker is more like a openair foodcourt style. I think Wey Wey is good enough. I seriously dont think that Eska will drive you all the way to Sri Rezeki. It's damn far.

There is no kelong style seafood at Nagoya. More of them are at Nongsa, which 1 of them is Rezeki.

Yes if im not wrong, the drivers will wait for you all to finish your meals, and drive you back to the hotel. Unless you told them not to wait.

in regards of winsor, it's named as winsor foodcourt. again it's zichar..

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

Hi Hi... Did my research already. I guess probably Windsor or A1 will be my final choice. Any store recommendations in Windsor Foodcourt? So far, by Googling, I have come across 818 Seafood, 138 Seafood and 999 Seafood at Windsor. Are they all pretty much the same? As in quality and price wise? Will the prices come up to like shocking? Or should I just go ahead and order without worrying?

Thanks for the help in advance! :)

Cheers!

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

i tried 999 so far. but a lil advise. please do not order their shell-like food like la-la or gong-gong. LOL. for the others, it tastes quite alright la (:

Batam, Indonesia
reviews: 46
7. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

The food courts are your best bet for good seafood unless you want to take 30-45 minutes to get to one of the kelong-style restaurants like Rezeki, which is more expensive than places like the Windsor or A1 or Utma 99. The food courts are very safe and the food is excellent. The warongs (food stalls) are pretty much the same in each food court. I usually just order the types of food I want from different menus without even bothering with which warong I'm ordering from.

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

So crab is out too? Shouldn't order crab? Or scallop?

Singapore, Singapore
9. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

Crabs and scallops are OK. Sorry my bad description!

Singapore, Singapore
10. Re: Seafood around I-Hotel

Ok ok... Noted! Thank you so much for all ur advices and suggestions! :)

Get answers to your questions about Batam