Hi Chandrana and Richard, as you may have expected, I am a Singaporean planning for a Batam getaway with my gf on the upcoming Good Friday (Easter) long weekend (3D2N)..
My friends/colleagues question my stay duration as they felt is boring in Batam but I want to try and really make this trip awesome thus started the online research...
As I started the planning research based on different blogs, is only now then I chanced upon this portal; and with the date closing up, I will just list down my questions while I carry on explore the other forum topics here. Thus. there are a couple of questions I will like to ask and will appreciate your replies =)
1) Since is holiday, how will the crowd be like in the malls etc? (especially Safety since is only 2 of us)
2) We are staying at Swiss Belhotel, may I know what are the places of interest around this area? Is it very far from the Harbourbay Terminal?
3) Are the Barelang Bridges worth a visit? Any beach to recommend? Cabbing back from here is it easy/safe? I read that only try yellow plates...
4) Is there any recommendation on English/Mandarin speaking drivers for my stay?
5) For spas & jacuzzis, which are the affordable but good ones? Budget: abt SGD $30..
6) Has Golden Prawn really deproved? I see bloggers are trying out Wey Wey instead...
7) How far is Waterfront City from Swiss Belhotel?
8) Is Kepri mall worth a visit or is it very Singapore-like? I always see it when I pass by Muka Kuning for work trip at Industrial area.
My concern for the trip: Safety
This is my 1st trip with my girl and really want to make it a special one, do help me out with my questions while I read up on the other topics in the forum. Thank you in advance!