We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2d 1n trip

Singapore, Singapore
2d 1n trip

Hi All,

Will be going to Batam for a night stay this weekend. our 1st time there. So here's the rough plan. Kindly comment if there are better suggestions.

I will be staying at Crown Vista Hotel. I checked on d net that Batam Center Ferry Terminal is nearer to the hotel rather than at Harbour Bay Terminal. Is that true?

So itinerary goes something like this.

Ferry Terminal -> Megamall (i read somewhere that it is just beside Batam Centre Ferry Terminal??) -> hotel -> spa at nagoya (i'm considering whether should i go eska or spa secret) -> bits of shopping at nagoya (any places/building in particular i should eye for??) ->rezeki restaurant (i read great reviews.hope it is great!) -> back to hotel to retire for the night.

please feel free to add in suggestions!

Thanks,

Marda

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
1. Re: 2d 1n trip

Hi Marda,

Yes megamall is just opposite Batam center ferry terminal. There is a connecting bridge from 2nd level of the Ferry terminal near the departure gates.

You should try spa secret! the reviews are great! (:

Rezeki restaurant is quite a bit distance from Nagoya Hill. Unless you do not want to spend more time shopping, you can make a dash there. It's around 40 minutes ride from Nagoya to Rezeki in Batu Besar 1 way.

Note:

Please remember to book and collect your return ferry ticket upon arrival.

Cheers!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 19
2. Re: 2d 1n trip

Marda,

your itinerary looks good but may be too packed considering you wanna go to rezeki. But totally doable.

my only suggestion is don't stay in crown vista. Location is ok but kinda nothing around there.

cheeerssss

3. Re: 2d 1n trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:56 am, February 28, 2013
Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
4. Re: 2d 1n trip

Another first time poster to promote a certain driver... sigh...

if you wanna do this, do it right. At least state your price and for how long.

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: 2d 1n trip

I think he is also trying to help the telco earn abit la.. so dont blame him lo. hahaha

singapore
6. Re: 2d 1n trip

I love how you judge a member by his only first post to be promoting a certain driver. Why didn't you judge me on having fun visiting the island as well? *sigh* back to you, jeesh.

If you want to point out and judge somebody then do it right.

Edited: 12:41 am, February 28, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: 2d 1n trip

Hey no bad feelings man! Chill.. we are just kidding lahh

Batam, Indonesia
8. Re: 2d 1n trip

lol . i was thinking of grabbing a popcorn .

anyways , calm down azriel , there isn't anything wrong also with promoting that particular driver . as long as that driver can be trusted with responsibilities and that he bestow a reasonable price thoroughly .

it is , as a matter of fact , a very helpful solution to those who mostly seek a personal driver for their convenience . so peace ok . it's already a bad habit for us to critic first time posters like that , hahas .

i'm also glad you enjoyed your trip down at Batam , sri rezeki is undoubtedly a great place to have your seafood meals .

plus i don't think thailand has anything to do with Indothai , i'm not sure too .

probably get yihanz to massage for you ? =x hahas

Edited: 6:16 am, February 28, 2013
Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
9. Re: 2d 1n trip

you don't have to be so defensive if that's not your purpose. For all I care, you could be the person owning the number. Number of post shouldn't be the measure but it does speak volume and reliability. But you do have a point. I shouldn't judge anyone based on their number of post. My apologies.

Someone just messaged me that the number you gave was a scam. He tried and got cheated. He was worried people won't believe him since he just created an account. I should probably encourage him to post here then. Please don't judge him though okay.

In conclusion, my job here is simple. I (with some other great people in the forum) facilitate such that traveler get answers and helps they need. And if I see anything that doesn't seem right, I would sound my opinion. The readers can decide, not me, nor you.

Cheeersss

singapore
10. Re: 2d 1n trip

I have recently came back from my trip at Batam and I would have to say that I did the same itinerary as you are going to do. The difference is that I did my massage package at Indothai instead of Spa Secret and seriously after the whole massage I felt super young I tell you. I definitely would recommend Indothai. One thing that bothers me is the name, does "thai" have anything to do with Thailand? Anyways the seafood at Sri Rezeki was superbly fresh but quite a distance to get to.

*I hope this settles the no-idea-what-the-fuss-about-getting-a-driver-is-about*

Get answers to your questions about Batam