We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time in batam!

first time in batam!

hi all, pls help me with this, this is my first time going to batam, and im living in harmoni one hotel, what are some of the reccommanded place to visit or where can i go for go food around that area? thanks all!

batam
1. Re: first time in batam!

Go to golden beach area, 15-20m from hotel (miniature house indonesia, go kart, paint ball, flying fox, Yongheng krupuk, batam layer cakes, etc)

Vihara budha maitreya sei panas, 6m from hotel

Barelang bridge, 40m from hotel

Harbourbay seafood, 15-20m from hotel

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
2. Re: first time in batam!

Shopping centers will be Nagoya Hills, Batam City Square, Harbourbay Mall

Batam, Indonesia
3. Re: first time in batam!

the only best place you can go for food is a 5 minutes walk from the hotel . the name of the place is called "MyMart Foodcourt" .

Mega Mall is about 10 minutes walk from your hotel . and trust me , that's the only place you would want to visit .

places such as golden beach are a rip off . i only knew yesterday that they charge very high .

barelang bridge is too far and if you are a lover of scenery then it's fine to go there , other than that there's nothing there .

vihara maitreya , take a cab which will cost you less than Rp30.000 .

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
4. Re: first time in batam!

places... well they all said it. and i agree golden beach area is a rip-off, maybe not for singaporeans since your dollar is so strong!

as for food... there are tons but harder to direct you there. But ask around for "Sampan" and "Kedai kopi ABC". Else you can try Megamal or the foodcourt opposite megamal.

cheeerrrsss

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
5. Re: first time in batam!

yup. by the way, megamall is a 15minute taxi ride away from Nagoya. (: It's at batam center fyi. Cheers!

6. Re: first time in batam!

Thank you all so much for the prompt reply! it helps alot !

batam
7. Re: first time in batam!

Dun forget yongkee soup fish batam centre, tell the taxi driver only 3-5 minutes ride from harmoni one

8. Re: first time in batam!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, May 29, 2014
9. Re: first time in batam!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 22, 2014