We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby, help?! Batam - 3Day2Night.

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
11 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby, help?! Batam - 3Day2Night.

Hi All, i am planning batam trip for above pax on CNY 09/02/13-11/02/13.

We'll be staying at BCC Hotel. Our itinerary is only to eat seafood as dinner on our 1st day of arrival. 2nd day we'll just roam around in BCS mall that is next to BCC Hotel. We have a baby in the list, thats why the super simple plan.

My question is, my uncle recommended this batu besar seafood, which i believe is Rezeki Seafood? =/

1) Is this far from BCC Hotel?

2) Will it be open on Chinese New Year - 09/02/13?

Also, i have a contact for driver who quote us SGD250 (2days) for itinerary below, due to the big group he will need a bus to drive us;

1st day - Arrival (Ferry Terminal) to Hotel

1st day - Hotel to Seafood place

3rd/Last day - Hotel to Ferry Terminal.

We are not going for sight-seeing because there is a 4month-old baby around and advisable to stay indoors. so i feel that SGD250 for 2days is overcharged?

If let's say the Seafood place is closed, where do you think i can bring my group for sight-seeing, to fully utilise the SGD250, and taking into consideration, the baby i am bringing.

Appreciate any replies and advises.

I really hope i can get this plan settled/

Thanks a zillion in advance.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: 11 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby, help?! Batam - 3Day2Night.

hmm, from BCC hotel to Rezeki is far, around 40-45minutes ride away.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: 11 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby, help?! Batam - 3Day2Night.

You mentioned the 2nd day u wanna roam about at BCS. I think you might wanna consider going Nagoya Hills Shopping Mall too, given the fact that u are staying near there too. If you gonna spend the whole day at BCS then u are gonna bored to death. hahahaha

Besides, some of you might even consider going for a massage or spa at Nagoya since it's near the hotel too. But 1 of you have to sacrifice to stay in hotel to look after the baby though, or bring the baby around to roam at Nagoya Hills (:

Cheers!

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
3. Re: 11 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby, help?! Batam - 3Day2Night.

@Yihanz, thanks for the warning about the Hotel - Rezeki journey. seems like forever to reach. hahaha (:

looking into BCS and Nagoya Hills Shopping Mall now.. as per adviced..

but any idea, from Hotel - Nagoya, how far is it? can we walk? Transport is another issue. We will need a bus if we wanna stick as one. =/

I googled map BCC - Nagoya Hills Mall, by vehicle is 10mins, by walking is 30mins. hmm..

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: 11 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby, help?! Batam - 3Day2Night.

Yeah, it's more advisable to take a cab. 5-6minutes i guess.

Rezeki isnt forever to reach from Nagoya. if you are catering a bus, then u could use the time on board to take a rest. That is IF you are really keen to go there. Well if you were to skip Rezeki, then you could plan your next trip stay over at Nongsa, whereby batam view beach resort, montigo resorts and turi beach resorts are nearby Rezeki. (:

Last but not least, u can ask BCC if they provide transport services to Nagoya Hills for a free or for a small fee. If not, split into 3 taxis lo.

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
5. Re: 11 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby, help?! Batam - 3Day2Night.

@Yihanz, err.. the cabbies there are nice people right? will they overcharge us? any experience? =P

as mentioned, catering a bus, i got a quote, its SGD250 for 2days. so.. =/

I am currently pending reply from BCC if they do take us from Ferry Terminal - Hotel, then to any other places.

And ya, last resort is to take cab and split.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: 11 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby, help?! Batam - 3Day2Night.

For the catering for bus, you might want to wait for Chandrana or Richard's reply on their advises. I'm not so sure about the rates. but as i see, it's rather steep..

For the cabs, please try to get 1 at the shopping mall taxi stands or hotel lobbies. As only registered taxis can pickup passengers from taxi stands and lobbies, it's more safe then getting a non-registered ones off the road. Most shopping malls and hotel lobbies has a Taxi Chart on the pricing of where you wanna go.

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
7. Re: 11 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby, help?! Batam - 3Day2Night.

@Yihanz, thanks so much! you've been a great help so far. noted on the cabs. thanks thanks!!

Will wait for Chandrana/Richard's reply about the bus rate.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
58 posts
8. Re: 11 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby, help?! Batam - 3Day2Night.

For what it's worth, here's Rezeki's info:

Rezeki Seafood Restaurant

Telp : 0778-761180

Alamat : Batu Besar, Pantai RT 01/RW 02. Pulau Batam Indonesia.

Taken off their website http://rezekiseafood.com/hubungi-kami.html that Chandrana provided on a previous thread. Not sure how current it is though. You can try calling them if no one knows whether they open on New Year's Eve...

All the best for your trip!

Batam, Indonesia
Level Contributor
473 posts
9. Re: 11 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby, help?! Batam - 3Day2Night.

yeah , as what Yihaz said , it is far .

still depending on the traffic condition . peak hours will take you 40-45 minutes , smooth traffic (normally midnight) will take you 30minutes less .

the foods provided in Sri Rezeki Seafood are very fresh and delicious , the reason why your uncle recommended you the place , but there is another place near your hotel where you can get seafood as fresh and good as Sri Rezeki , Wey Wey Seafood (located within Harbour Bay complex) . about 10 minutes trip from BCC Hotel .

a cab per trip to Rezeki will cost you Rp120.000 - Rp150.000 one cab , make a deal with the cab driver for Rp200.000 to wait for you and send you back .

i am not sure if they'll be open on CNY , i'm giving it a 50 50 chance , as both seafood restaurant are chinese owners and both are quite famous but then again i believe they might be open during CNY .

$250 for 2 days (12/24 seater bus) is actually overcharged but not by much , it must be CNY price they're charging .

you're best at renting two MPV cars (includes a driver as well) which would be about $60 cheaper .

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: 11 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby, help?! Batam - 3Day2Night.

Richard Thanks for your help man! haha... yeah it also occurs to me CNY period.. perhaps that's the reason of the steep pricing.