We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to batam

First time to batam

Hey all,

This is gonna be my first time travelling to batam. I was thinking of staying at turi beach resort, is that a good place?

And i would like to know the best places to shop, for some designer stuff and all.

and im also very interested in the outdoor activities.

i would like to know the best places to go kart, paintball, and etc.

And i am a major foodie, i wanna try the best local cuisine and seafood.

Oh, i also want to go for a full body massage and spa. Any reccomandations?

Im also looking for a personal driver, one that speaks english.

Will be going with the girlfriend too, anything romantic in mind? ;)

Thank you in advance for your help :)

1. Re: First time to batam

And i would also like to know which ferry terminal to get off at for turi beach resort.

thanks again

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: First time to batam

Hey Ravinder,

Nongsapura is the nearest terminal. Batamfast goes there. You can check http://www.turibeach.com/travelinfo.php for more details.

On my last visit, I enjoyed the spa at Spa Secret. It's opposite Nagoya Hills Malls - exit from the entrance on the food street level. It's just next to The Hills hotel. If you are looking for just massage, Indothai is just next door to Spa Secret.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Edited: 1:37 pm, January 06, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
3. Re: First time to batam

If you got money to spare, i'd recommend Montigo Resorts. more romantic. haha.. Basically, Turi beach resort / Batam view beach resort / montigo is at Nongsa. If you wanna go shopping, it'd be at least a 45min - 1hour ride to Nagoya Hills/batam center.

reviews: 5
4. Re: First time to batam

Hi, Montigo is the latest villa hotel in Batam, but i think it does not have hotel rooms, minimum 2 rooms per villa? If you are a couple, Turi Beach might be more suitable for both of u as it has few nice and wellmaintained facilities. Batam view also

5. Re: First time to batam

Hey all!

Thanks for the help!

Hmm, an hour seems pretty long, but where is the best place to shop?

And what about places to eat?

should i get a personal driver?

or a taxi would be just fine?

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
6. Re: First time to batam

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g297717-i9135-k…

Taxi is fine...

7. Re: First time to batam

Thanks alot mate.

really appreciate it!

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: First time to batam

Yup Montigo does not have hotel room, but you have the whole block of building to yourself. Yes they have 2 bedrooms.

I do know that Batam view beach resorts have scheduled bus services to Nagoya Hills / Megamall at a small fee. But you will have to stick to their timing.

For eating wise, Rezeki is at Nongsa. The seafood restaurant below of hills of Batam view beach resort is good too, but the pricing is a little bit steep compared to Rezeki.

9. Re: First time to batam

Hey,

i was thinking of getting a travel package from www.welcometobatam.com.

I'll be paying S$165 for 2d1n at turi beach resort, including the ferry tix.

Is that reasonable or should i book everything seperately?

Singapore, Singapore
10. Re: First time to batam

I'd recommend book separately. 1 night isnt really enough for you if you gonna play all the activities u mentioned. It'll be quite a rush, and most probably u wont get to enjoy the trip.