We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to batam

Singapore, Singapore
First time to batam

Hi , I will be going for a short getaway to batam .

It's my first time there .

So I kinda nervous as some things I don't understand .

I also scared of getting lost.

In which some says that I can purchase a two way ticket in which all taxes included . But some said I still need to pay fuel charges when I'm returning to Singapore .

I be staying at GGI hotel as it was a gift from my sister but surprise me some said its dirty & such . Kinda nervous . It also stated that it is few minutes away to Harbour bay terminal .

Do anyone know how much does it cost for a taxi fare to nagoya hill shopping mall ?

& are smokers allowed to bring back to Singapore cigs ? Few of friends said possible but some said cant . Kinda curious .

Is there any tips too that can help maybe .

Thanks .

Batam, Indonesia
reviews: 17
1. Re: First time to batam

Hey Amy,

Don't be scared!

Yes you can purchase 2-way tickets all-in from Singapore side. It's $48 to Harbour Bay. No need to pay any extra charges.

Never say in GGI since its pretty new but it doesnt look promising. And yes when you go out of terminal, just walk straight outside. GGI is just across the street. About 7 mins walk.

Rp 50,000 - 70,000

Not sure about cigs but I think you can only bring 1-2 packs at most. Check with the singapore custom before you depart.

For other info, please read here:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g297717-i9135-k…

cheeersss

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
2. Re: First time to batam

Hi,

I am going to Batam for the first time this weekend too just to relax, is ADI-8 far from Harris Batam Center? Is the Megamall better than Nagoya Hills Mall? Any other things you suggest we should have a walk into?

Thanks,

Flo

Singapore, Singapore
3. Re: First time to batam

Hi,

I'm going to Batam this weekend for 2D1N just to relax, does megamall have more to see than Nagoya Hills Mall? Is ADI-8 far from Harris Batam Center?

Where else in Batam do you think is worth going considering I'm just there for 2D1N?

Thanks in advance!

Flo

Edited: 10:45 pm, December 25, 2012
4. Re: First time to batam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, January 11, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: First time to batam

How far is Harris Batam Center Hotel to ADI-8 please?

Thanks,

Flo

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
6. Re: First time to batam

I personally prefer Nagoya Hills than Megamall. haha. Nogoya hills have more outlets to shop, including those shophouses surrounding it. (:

Batam, Indonesia
reviews: 17
7. Re: First time to batam

Flo,

About 10-15 mins drive. The problem is most cabs don't know where it is. When will you be coming and how many of you?

Batam is basically eat, massage, shop! Focus on the eating and massages! hahahaa...

My vote goes to Nagoya Hill as well.

cheeersss

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: First time to batam

Hi ,

I am planning to go batam this weekend for 3days 2 nights . Can I check if BCC is a good hotel ? Can I walk to Nogoya Hills from BCC ?

Which ferry terminal should I alight ?

Thank you so much

Singapore, Singapore
9. Re: First time to batam

Hi Jace,

I'd advise you to take a taxi from BCC to nagoya Hills. although it's just a 5-8 minutes ride, it's so much more safer than walking along the main roads.

If im not wrong, harbourbay ferry terminal is the nearest. (:

Chandrana am i right? lol

Singapore, Singapore
10. Re: First time to batam

BCC is like a 15minutes ride from harbourbay ferry terminal...