We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Batam Spa and shopping trip

sin
reviews: 6
Batam Spa and shopping trip

Just back from Batam yesterday.

As Wavemaster no longer operate to Harbour Bay Ferry terminal, we took Batam Fast ferry instead. Journey about 50mins.

Instead of choosing Spa secret, we have choosen Mustika Ratu for our spa. They canl arrange arrival transfer from ferry terminal to their shop. Great experience with them and their shop has done a recent renovation. The staffs were very professional and we all enjoy our spa.

After the lunch at Yong Kee, which is just beside Mustika Ratu, we travelled to BCS mall for to buy kueh lapis from Hauten Donal. We have been buying their Kueh Lapis, it is soft and cheap. Original flavour cost only IDR98000. Prune is about IDR110000. It is much cheaper than buying from those tour guide.

Dinner time we went to Wei Wei seafood restaurant which is nearby to Harbour Bay ferry terminal. As usual it is always crowded.

Walking distance back to ferry terminal for our ferry back Singapore.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
1. Re: Batam Spa and shopping trip

Hey momo,

thanks for sharing!

Well mustika just renovated their first floor but I am not sure if they had renovated their second floor designated for spa. In terms of service, I agree Mustika Ratu is one of the best. In fact, I always do my hair treatment and haircut there. But honestly, skill-wise, they are just okay.

YongKee is mostly for tourists and government people. The food is so so... not a place I would recommend for tourists especially first-timers.

Anyway, glad you had a good time here momo!

cheeersss

sin
2. Re: Batam Spa and shopping trip

Thanks Chandrana for your advice. No wonder the price for the food is rather high for Yong Kee compare to other food stall.

Mustika ratu only have the 1st level renovated. 2nd floor remains unchanged.

We will be visiting batam again for sure

sin
3. Re: Batam Spa and shopping trip

Thanks Chandrana for your advice. No wonder the price for the food is rather high for Yong Kee compare to other food stall.

sin
4. Re: Batam Spa and shopping trip

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
5. Re: Batam Spa and shopping trip

np momo. if that's so, the mustika ratu spa cannot compare to spa secret. But of course, the cheaper price won't hurt. Next time you should try the hair treatment in Mustika.

sure... let me know when you come again. can definitely recommend you better food!

cheersss

6. Re: Batam Spa and shopping trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 19, 2013