We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Getaway in Dec Sch Holidays

Singapore
Family Getaway in Dec Sch Holidays

Hi

This would be our first trip to Batam for 3D2N. We are going in a group consists of 4 adults and 5 childrens (aged between 6-16). Have booked a hotel at Harris Batam Centre. I need some advice:

How much is the cab fare from ferry terminal to the hotel?

Chandrana, can you provide contact for a reliable and honest driver for us? We need a driver to drive us around for shopping and good foods :)) or maybe to fetch us from the ferry terminal.

What place would you recommend us to bring our kids?

Thank you so much for your reply.

Edited: 9:29 pm, November 16, 2012
Batam, Indonesia
1. Re: Family Getaway in Dec Sch Holidays

Which ferry terminal will you be arriving at ? because there is one ferry terminal (Batam Center Ferry Terminal) located just next to the hotel about less than 5 minutes walk . Penuin and Batam Fast ferry operates to that terminal from Singapores HarbourFront .

As for driver I do have a reliable contact but probably Chandrana would recommend his ?

I can only think about waterparks for your kids or some sport activities provided from other places .

Singapore
2. Re: Family Getaway in Dec Sch Holidays

Dear Richard,

Thanks for your reply.

I reckon we will arrive at Batam Centre Ferry Terminal. If you have someone to recommend, pls do share. :)

Singapore
3. Re: Family Getaway in Dec Sch Holidays

Dear Richard,

Thanks for your reply.

I reckon we will arrive at Batam Centre Ferry Terminal. If you have someone to recommend, pls do share. :)

Batam, Indonesia
4. Re: Family Getaway in Dec Sch Holidays

Great , Hotel Harris is located next to Batam Center Ferry Terminal , a 5 minutes walk .

I've messaged you the contact details on the driver . You'll have to organize with him and I've spoken to him to offer the lowest price to 'Nottygal' so if you do contact him refer to yourself as 'Nottygal' so he'll know and tell him you got his contact details from Richard .

reviews: 5
5. Re: Family Getaway in Dec Sch Holidays

Richard & Chandrana, my friends from spore is also coming in december. I would have bring them around if i can, but unfortunately, i'll be away at the time. Can u recommend any driver or guide? Thanks

Batam, Indonesia
6. Re: Family Getaway in Dec Sch Holidays

Well there are a lot of car rental companies who hire drivers for your services . The prices they provide are alright . Not too high not too low .

For example if you were to hire a driver to bring around about 6 person then that would cost you about Rp700.000 / day (12 hours) for a Toyota Innova . That includes driver and fuel .

That is the normal price throughout Batam , not sure of now because prices have gone up already .

Ofcourse I do have a recommendation . I remember I hired him for a group of friends who visited Batam as my car couldn't fit them all . The price is pretty very cheap . You pay for the same vehicle but with a longer hour of 15hours and unlimited duration for just Rp550.000 / day .

That was earlier this year and I was impressed so that's why I recommend him .

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
7. Re: Family Getaway in Dec Sch Holidays

What was the card you rented for richard? and with that price you could go to barelang and stuff without paying extra fuel?

Batam, Indonesia
8. Re: Family Getaway in Dec Sch Holidays

It was a Toyota Innova and yeah the price included driver service and fuel . I didn't really go to Barelang so I don't really know but we went back and forth twice to Nongsa so the price was pretty cheap for me .

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
9. Re: Family Getaway in Dec Sch Holidays

I think he didn't make much money man! hahahaa... now cant get that kinda price, especially with the upcoming fuel price increase!

Batam, Indonesia
10. Re: Family Getaway in Dec Sch Holidays

yeah that's why i don't know the price now but that was earlier this year .

and actually he does earn enough a little tho , he's running his own business .

i also wonder why by the end of every year that fuel around batam are always scarce ._.