We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Batam.

Which Batam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 2
First visit to Batam.

Hello all :)

As the title says, I have no prior experience in visiting Batam but decided to give it a try with my boyfriend since im having my 4 days leave (10 oct - 14 oct).

We had searched the net and was stuck in a dilemma regarding the choice of hotel and our preferences. We heard from friends that hotels near the vibrant nagoya require land transfer whereas Harris Batam centre is only minutes walk away from ferry terminal only but theres only one mega mall in the area. As I have motion sickness, we try to reduce the time of land transport as much as possible but wanted to visit nagoya if possible (since it seems to be lots of activities over there).

So i wanted to know if we chose Harris batam center, how long does it take to go to nagoya? Or if we chose hotels like I hotel which is near nagoya, how long would it take for the land transfer to I hotel? Or is it advisable to even visit nagoya?

Following up, will a 2D1N stay enough to explore nagoya or, 3D2N basing on your personal experiences?

Sorry for this lengthy post. Trying to describe my situation as detailed as possible haha.

reviews: 4
11. Re: First visit to Batam.

Recently, the package deals plus guided shopping tour is booming, and are very competitive. You should be able to get great deals. But if you would like to explore more and try real food, one cheaper way for free and easy is getting the hotel voucher from travels. There are also one specialized in hotel vouchers in batam center n skupang terminal called kaha, but u might risk getting non standard hotel if the hotels you want are full. Dunno if they have internet service or not. Good luck

Singapore, Singapore
12. Re: First visit to Batam.

hi chrandrana,

is harmoni one hotel near to any of the shopping malls in Batam?

It is my first time there and i am following a day tour.

not sure what to do after 5pm when checked in..

Kindly advise. thanks.

Edited: 5:31 am, March 29, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
13. Re: First visit to Batam.

Harmoni One is a 3 minutes taxi ride away to MegaMall, which is just opposite Batam Center Ferry Terminal. (: Hope your tour doesnt bring you to MegaMall, or else you will be bored dead. hahaha.

Another option is Nagoya Hills Shopping Mall, a 10minutes taxi ride away.

Cheers!

14. Re: First visit to Batam.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 02, 2014