We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabbing about Batam

London, United...
reviews: 26
Cabbing about Batam

Hi Fellow Trip Advisors,

Been scouring the internet for information about getting about in Batam by cab but wasn't successful in finding reliable info.

Heard taxis there have a high tendency of robbing passengers so what taxis should I look out for?

How should I estimate prices? For e.g. If I'd like to get from Batam Ctr to the Novotel, how much should I pay? Then from the Novotel to Nagoya, how much would that cost?

Your kind assistance will certainly go a looonnggg way for me. Thank you!

Batam, Indonesia
1. Re: Cabbing about Batam

it happens often on illegal cabs with no company on them .

if you want a safe ride you can book for "Silver Cab" because they are not only very very reliable but they offer payment by meters not negotiations , professionally organized just like the "Comfort" or "SMRT Taxis" you get in Singapore (not more than 4 person in a car , no drinking & eating , etc) . +62778461000 is their company number .

booking a taxi from the terminal / hotel / mall itself is also quite safe , yet you will have to abide with the price they fix on themselves . if a journey from a - b costs Rp50.000 then you have to pay Rp50.000 exactly . so from Batam Center to Novotel would cost you Rp50.000 - RpRp80.000 and no more than that . Novotel to Nagoya about Rp30.000 - Rp50.000 and no more than that .

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 18
2. Re: Cabbing about Batam

Don't worry about the robbing part. Just make sure you take mall, ferry, or hotel taxi. Avoid flagging taxi on the road.

The rest, is as whatever Richard said =)

have a safe and enjoyable trip!

3. Re: Cabbing about Batam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 06, 2013