We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about doing business

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 4
Questions about doing business

Hi, we are wanting to come to Batam to buy wholesale goods. We are interested in knowing what is available, and who the different companies are. Is there a reliable web site that lists all the business contacts of Batam?. We can not find it.

Also can anyone out there recommend a good driver to assist us.?

And lastly does anyone know about freighting between Batam and Labuan Pasir Gudang in Johor Baru, Malaysia. We plan to be there later this ear and trying to research this stuff.

Cheers

Steve

Batam, Indonesia
1. Re: Questions about doing business

let me check for you .

Edited: 11:06 pm, August 30, 2012
Batam, Indonesia
2. Re: Questions about doing business

i'm not sure about this but you can visit factories here at kampung seraya or even muka kuning .

this guy might actually help you out with transportation +6285668398788 (Marsono is his name) , he charge $40 roughly perday and all you're really paying for is the car and not his service (driving or guiding your around) .anyways i hope he can help you with your needs .

and about business contacts in batam , chandrana might have a number of them . wait for him to read this .

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 25
3. Re: Questions about doing business

First of all, what kind of goods are you looking for? I can't possibly name you everything without knowing your needs.

Secondly, what kind of items are you going to be transporting? Are you doing LCL or FCL? There are tons of shipping company around in batam or JB... so don't worry about that. What more important is your goods... we have quite a strict import control... but of course, money can help you settle everything =)

cheeers

Brisbane, Australia
4. Re: Questions about doing business

Thanks very much for the responses guys. We are interested in a range of products, general household, fashion, electronics, I guess just every day things that the average person wants. We are not interest in industrial or commercial products. Sorry we can't be more speciific than that. I geuss we will know when we get there and have a look for ourselves. We are just wanting to know if there are wholesales/ factories for clothing, bags, woman's fashion, shoes, jewellery, kids toys, kids clothes, tshirt screen print. Also we are interested in electronics and pcb manufacture. Are there small business doing small to medium run of pcb (printed circuit board) in batam? Any info appreciated guy

Cheers

Steve

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
5. Re: Questions about doing business

Well... we have all that you require here in Batam. You just have to source around I suppose.

Good luck

Brisbane, Australia
6. Re: Questions about doing business

Thanks friend are you living in Batam? I will contact again when it's close to our trip. We will be arriving in the new year, but plan on staying in Johor Bahru and travel across for buying trips.

What is your opinion of pos Indonesia? Do they have good reputation for postage to overseas like US or Australa? They have ems service but .Is there another Indonesian postal service?

Thanks very much for you assistance

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
7. Re: Questions about doing business

Hmmm again, depending on what you gonna ship or send. If it's documents, sure, Indonesia postal service is good enough. If you are talking about a few cartons, then sure we have FedEx and UPS and TNT and such. But if you are talking about pallets or containers, then I suggest using the shipping companies.

Cheeers

Singapore, null...
8. Re: Questions about doing business

I am sorry on riding on this post.

Hi Chandrana,

I hope you would be able to help me..

I would like to ask, would you have any idea where is the wholesale place for trendy ladies clothing and accessories in Batam?

The trendy ladies clothings are those similar to Batam City Square items.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
9. Re: Questions about doing business

Try the Penuin market area. From BCS, just walk across the street towards Lovina Inn. There are quite a few shops around the blocks behind Lovina Inn. It's just a 5-min walk =)

Cheeerss

Singapore, null...
10. Re: Questions about doing business

Hi Chandrana,

Sure! Thank you for the advice.

I'll go and take a look. Thank you

Get answers to your questions about Batam