We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Batam

Singapore, Singapore
First time to Batam

Evening everyone

I will be travelling to Batam for the first time in September.. will be a short getaway, 2D1N

After reading through the most of the posts, i'm still kinda lost. haha.

Chandrana, i seriously need your advice. haha

I will be staying at Harris Batam Centre, and i understand that the nearest ferry is at the one located at Batam centre. How much will it cost for a taxi ride to Nagoya mall? or is there any ferry terminal which is closer to Nagoya mall?

Is Sri Rezeki Seafood closer to Batam Centre or Nagoya mall?

Thanks alot for your help!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 18
1. Re: First time to Batam

No problem man.. that's why i am here =)

Taxi costs Rp 50,000 one way. Harbour bay terminal is closer to Nagoya Mall (5 min ride) but you still have to pay Rp 50,000 one way regardless =)

Rezeki is closer from Harris Batam Center (30 mins) for hmmm I think Rp 100,000 one way. You can go to Rezeki from Nagoya for the same price I think.

When will you be coming?

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: First time to Batam

Thanks =)

I will be going to Batam on 1st Sept!

So i guess it will be better for me to take a ferry straight to Harbour Bay Terminal then. From there i shall go Nagoya Mall, and probably for a massage around the area too.

And i shall go Rezeki from Nagoya, before heading back to our hotel at Harris Batam Centre.

Anyway do you know any ferry operator that will bring us from Singapore to Harbour Bay Terminal, and from Batam Centre back to Singapore?

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
3. Re: First time to Batam

sounds like a good plan...

but unfortunately, no such ferry operator per you question. Harbour Bay terminal is monopolized by wavemaster ferry. Just go by Batam Center so you can walk around megamal before u go back and easily go take ur luggage in hotel then walk to the terminal =)

if you are coming to Nagoya for lunch on Sept 1, pm me. I might be able to meet and bring u to eat some local food =)

cheeers

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: First time to Batam

yea sure!

anyway there is a change of plan. Harris is fully booked. I will be staying at the BCC hotel instead.

Can i check with you, how much will the taxi fare cost, from Batam Centre ferry terminal to BCC hotel?

Thanks so much for your help

5. Re: First time to Batam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:09 am, September 03, 2012
Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
6. Re: First time to Batam

mytwocent,

I am not sure if I had replied your post at some other threads but anyway, it will cost you about Rp 50,000 from Batam Center Ferry to BCC. Good choice with the hotel... I am sure you will enjoy it.

I am not sure what aimlink means by convenient by staying in smilinghill because it's located in quite a remote area and old area with industries around. Still close to Nagoya but not within walking distance to any mall. And I would deem the area unsafe. I rather you stay in some budget hotel near some malls.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

7. Re: First time to Batam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 17, 2013