We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed

Singapore, Singapore
Help needed

Dear all,

I will be going batam this fri 17 Aug - 20 Aug and i got a taxi driver contact from my boss who went batam last weekends. I have already booked him but sadly he cannot speak much English. So i have to write down all the places that i wanna go on a piece of paper then show it to him.. (i guess this can do the trick?)

Any idea where i can eat live and nice seafood? Also where i can buy nice crispy keropok? And where are the places that i must go?

Melisa

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
1. Re: Help needed

Seafood:

1. Rezeki seafood in Batu besar area

2. Citra Utama just before Barelang first bridge

3. Citra Rasa after Barelang fourth bridge

Keropok you can find in any malls. There is a sorta popular one in Penuin Pasar (wet market) but i don't find them any special than the rest.

For other general questions, please refer to other threads in the forum.

Cheeers

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
2. Re: Help needed

Hi Candrana,

We are goin Batam during Raya, will all the shop open? Most important is the massage and seafood restaurant, so worry and don't knw shld cancel our trip or nt.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
3. Re: Help needed

Cancel better... most shops won't be open...

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Help needed

Hi All,

I am going to Batam next weekend, and am thinking of heading down to Citra Utama (Barelang) for seafood dinner. Any idea how far and long is the travel between Citra and either Batam Ferry Centre or Sekupang, and to which ferry terminal is it nearer to?

Thanks

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
5. Re: Help needed

About 30-40 mins.

Sekupang is nearer.

Some says it's good but when I went there, i was a bit disappointed with the price and quality. I will give it another try sometimes later just to make sure I wasn't unlucky =)

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Help needed

Thanks Chandrana for the tip! :)

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
7. Re: Help needed

No problem man... cheeersss

Batam, Indonesia
reviews: 24
8. Re: Help needed

Hmm ... Maybe I could give another opinion.

I went there on 30th of November, with two friends from German,

we have 5 "Hepo", 0,5kg of Prawn, medium size of white "Kerapu" .

( I still keep the picture if you need it ..LOL )

one kind of vegie and 5 cans of Guiness, all we need to pay is Rp 400.000,-

The service is good in our impression, they cook fast and one waiter stand by near our table, ready for any inquiries .

So it's up to you ... is it cheap or not ? But I am on the opinion it is cheap and good restaurant.

Location of the place is the nearest from the town, before the first bridge ( Barelang bridge ) but you have to go further in from the road, it's inside kampung or village, some 2 km I think.

The fastest to go there is from Batam Center Ferry Terminal, take the straight way to Batu Aji, pass by Kepri Mall, first cross road, Panbil Mall, second cros road, and at the third cross road turn left, go straight again until you see the bridge, Barelang Bridge, icon of Batam, you will see the Sign Board of Citra Utama, at the right side, there is small asphalt road or just an alley ? Go further and definitely you will find the place.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
9. Re: Help needed

Thanks ninoy for the detailed explaination.

But just a reminder, don't expect to get the same price if you don't have a 'local' who knows the market.

cheeersss

Batam, Indonesia
reviews: 24
10. Re: Help needed

Your welcome Chandra,

But I don't agree with your opinion " Should have a local whom know the market to get cheap price" ?

I still believe many of places of tourist interest in Batam are still operating with

objectivity and honesty in their business, there is no Double Price Policy as some said.

For your info, when we, three of us going to pay the bill, it was my friend, German guy who went to the cashier, I just stand a few step away with the other.

The lady there who received the money didn't know me and I don't bother to ask for any discount, but that's what the price we had.

Well, that's just my experience with Citra Utama seafood restaurant near Barelang bridge and my opinion are clear. I don't give any guarantee here but just another information so any tourist coming have more and more info.