We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puasa at Batam

Which Batam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
Puasa at Batam

Hi, I've heard that during puasa, everyone is expected to be in long pants and shirt. is it applicable to tourist too? Thanks in advance (:

Batam, Indonesia
1. Re: Puasa at Batam

it doesn't really apply much , probably only to those with such religion .

my sister uses short pants when she goes out . i've seen quite a number of people who's comfortable with wearing short pants wear them .

but it depends on you , if you'd want to mutually respect them for their religious time then wear long pants and proper t-shirt .

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
2. Re: Puasa at Batam

So it's really OK to wear a T-shirt with short pants and slippers during their puasa period? Heard from my friends that the authorities will catch and summon tourists especially at cruise custom. Don't know how true it is..

Do you have any idea though? (:

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
3. Re: Puasa at Batam

Sent you a pm... anyway, for others who read this, I have been wearing tshirts and shorts all these while. Sometimes I even wear singlets because I do sport. no problem so far... Maybe, just maybe, those authorities summon tourists so they can get money from you. hahahhaa

4. Re: Puasa at Batam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Batam