We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time @ Batam..

Singapore
reviews: 11
1st time @ Batam..

Hi..

I will be heading to Batam for a 2D1N quick holiday with my girlfriend and her family..

We are staying in "BCC Hotel & Residence".. As we brought this purchase, we will be on tour visit till 5.30pm. We are wondering should we go to BCS Mall (Beside BCC) or take a cab to Nagoya Shopping Area? Which is better and offers more options in terms of foods n shopping?

And also, roughly how much will the cab fare costs for the trip to Nagoya? Note there is a total of 4 pax..

Batam, Indonesia
1. Re: 1st time @ Batam..

nagoya area and bcc hotel aren't really that far from each other , it's more like orchard mrt station - dhoby ghaut mrt station distance and in terms of food and shopping , well , it's everywhere in between . especially the road side stalls near bcc hotel during the night time , a loottt to choose from .

4 people in a cab to nogayo area roughly below Rp50.000 only .

when will you be arriving ?

Singapore
reviews: 11
2. Re: 1st time @ Batam..

We are arriving on 1st Jul,Sunday and leaving on 2nd Jul,Mon..

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 18
3. Re: 1st time @ Batam..

I suggest you to go Nagoya Hill mall on Sunday evening after your tour. As mentioned, the cab fare should be about Rp 50,000 one-way but since you are tourists and probably taking hotel or mall taxi, you will probably be charged between Rp50,000-70,000.

You can always visit BCS mall on Monday before you go back. That way you can just leave your luggage at the hotel and depart for terminal anytime when you are ready.

Hmmm if you are going with elderly, then better not bring them to eat roadside stalls unless they are adventurous. The malls have nice variety to choose from.

Vasse, Western...
4. Re: 1st time @ Batam..

Hello again Chandrana - we are staying at the Harris Batam Centre Hotel and was wondering how close is the Mega Mall to it? (Is the Mega Mall the same as the BCS Mall by the way).

Regards

Karen

Vasse, Western...
5. Re: 1st time @ Batam..

Sorry Chandrana another question for you - what restaurants around Harris Hotel Batam Centre would you recommend? Ones that are very close to the hotel is what we want.

Thanking you.

Karen

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 18
6. Re: 1st time @ Batam..

Megamal is just across the street from harris batam center hotel. BCS is obviously a different mall :)

Just go to Megamal and you can choose from variety of restaurants. I recommend local food such as 'Cobain' and 'Pempek Citra' restaurants.

cheeers

Vasse, Western...
7. Re: 1st time @ Batam..

Once again you've come up trumps - thank you so much Chandrana.

Regards

Karen

Vasse, Western...
8. Re: 1st time @ Batam..

Morning Chandrana

Which is the best - Megamall or the BCS Mall?

Regards

Karen

singapore
9. Re: 1st time @ Batam..

is BCS Mall also name as MegaMall??

Edited: 2:49 am, September 24, 2012
singapore
10. Re: 1st time @ Batam..

is BCS Mall also name as MegaMall, I am so confuse

Edited: 2:50 am, September 24, 2012