We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi charges

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 2
Taxi charges

I would like to know if I hired a taxi from Hotel 89 to cover 6 bridges in Batam. How much is the charges. I know it is long distance but was told the bridges were very beautiful.

28 replies to this topic
Batam, Indonesia
reviews: 17
1. Re: Taxi charges

Not to pour cold water on you but the bridges are no where near beautiful. If you like to see mostly trees and water, then sure it's beautiful. Hahhaaa... It will take you 3 hours round-trip.

If you just wanna go there, have seafood, and then come back, I think it could cost anywhere between Rp 400,000 - 600,000. Just try to haggle with the hotel taxi.

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Taxi charges

Thank you for your reply..........Does hotel taxi understand english....

Batam, Indonesia
3. Re: Taxi charges

doubtful.. and hotel taxi is generally more expensive too.

Batam, Indonesia
4. Re: Taxi charges

With that said.. i don't suggest you to go out on the street and flag a cab =)

Cheers...

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Taxi charges

How do I know which taxi belong to Hotel or Street Taxi. Any differences. Safety is more important if taxi is reliable....

Batam, Indonesia
6. Re: Taxi charges

Usually (not all) hotels or terminal taxis will have some sort of stickers on their wind shield.

Hmmm the problem with your hotel 89 is that they might just flag a cab for you from the street.

If you really keen on going on the 6 bridges, maybe you should consult local travel agent. You can rent a car from them which comes with a driver. However, be prepared to pay extra to go to the bridges.

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Taxi charges

Thank for your excellent advice. I will contact Desindo travel agent...

Greatly appreciated.

tks

Batam, Indonesia
8. Re: Taxi charges

yeah desindo is pretty good...

good luck.. and let me know if you need to verify any info =)

cheers

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
9. Re: Taxi charges

Hi chandrana

I like to check with u. Is it safe for 2 ladies to take cab to n fro? Want to travel ard but kinda worry of safety. I b staying at harris batam centre 2d1n. Was tinking to go nagoya hill on first day to shop relax n makan then nxt day will visit megamall n can chiao bck sg.

Is taking cab safe

Batam, Indonesia
10. Re: Taxi charges

hey friko...

yup it's safe.. just take the hotel cab.. it should be around Rp 50,000-60,000 from your hotel to Nagoya Hill mall. It will take about 10-15 mins drive one-way.

if you are coming tomorrow and wanna have lunch together, send me a PM. I will be meeting this couple from trip advisor for lunch around Nagoya.

Cheers...

Reply to: Taxi charges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted