We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

SG
reviews: 9
Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

We are staying at Harris Batam Centre, any recommendation on where we can buy freshly made kueh lapis cakes back home? How much would it cost?

Thanks!

48 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
41. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

wahhhh. i miss gold coast! ):

Batam, Indonesia
42. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

Dear friends,

If you have missed out Kue Lapis Anggrek Mas in Batam, you may try it next time when you come to batam, it's homemade and only bake when there is order so freshness is guaranted and also can deliver your order to the hotel you stay. You can check out the fb : kuelapisanggrekmas@gmail.com.

Best regards,

Raymond Tan

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 35
43. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

I visited Starmoon Cakes & Cookies & tried the two Kuih Lapis available ( Pandan & Original) . Of the 2, the Pandan version seems nicer . They cost around IDR280,000 each. I also sampled the one at Batam City Square(BCS) and found the texture too oily for my taste.

The ones selling at the BCS Hypermart seems to be more reasonable priced but I can't really attest to the taste.

Not sure where the location of the Starmoon shop/factory was as I was following a tour. Hope this helps

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 18
44. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

Never heard of Starmoon... so can't say anything about it... when I have tried it I will post my comment here.

And there is no Hypermart in BCS.

cheerrss

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
45. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

I think PFogg2013 is referring to the JC Supermarket in BCS :)

Batam, Indonesia
46. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

Hi Folks,

Maybe not many of you've heard about Catarina Cakes. Its a local authentic traditional cake shop in Batam, located in downtown Nagoya since 1998. They have more than 50 varieties of original traditional Indonesian cakes, and their kue Lapis is among the most authentic and freshest in town.

The premier whole cake will price around S$25 to S$35, based on size and variations.

This local cake shop never advertise on tour agents (maybe because they believe quality over quantity, and not many people believe the tour agents reccomendation, since they tend to have commision in volumes and hence you'll got mass-produced product at high price). You'll know it when you're there.

Here is the address:

Komp. Bumi Indah C-7,

Nagoya, Batam

(+62778)425621

They also have a facebook page in www.facebook.com/catarinacakesbatam

It is walkable from Nagoya Hill, just cross the street to Holiday Hotel, and the shop is just behind the Hotel. Locals should know when you mention Catarina Cakes.

PS: when you're there, ask them to fry a freshly made risoles called Catarizol. It is the best!

Singapore
reviews: 14
47. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

Hi,

Has anyone heard of ABC Authentic Baker's Centre before? Used to get from them but I cant seem to find their contact details.. can anyone help pls??

Batam, Indonesia
48. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

At Catarina Cake Batam, you may find various kind of delicious Indonesian pastries; including:

-freshly baked Lapis / Layer Cakes (including original, cheese, chocolate, prunes, and pandan),

-the famous Catarizol (Indonesian risoles with egg, cheese, smoked ham and mayonnaise),

-more than 50 kinds of other traditional Indonesian cakes.

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/catarina.cakes.batam

Our location @Foursquare: http://4sq.com/ZDZB7t

Address: Komp. Bumi Indah C/7 Nagoya, Batam

(5 minutes walk from Nagoya Hill supermall and major hotels in Nagoya)

Opening hours: Mondays-Saturdays 7 AM - 6 PM

For Sundays/PH collection / delivery: strictly by appointment only.

As we bake our cakes freshly with no preservatives and we do cater events as well, it is highly recommended for you to order at least 1-2 days prior to your visit.

Feel free to contact us via Whats App: +6282382844788 / +65 92719287

Blackberry PIN: 25BD9DBE

Phone: +62 778 425621

See you there ^^

Edited: 11:35 am, April 09, 2014
Reply to: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted