We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

SG
reviews: 5
Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

We are staying at Harris Batam Centre, any recommendation on where we can buy freshly made kueh lapis cakes back home? How much would it cost?

Thanks!

48 replies to this topic
Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
1. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

Diana Layer Cake is closest to you... can't tell you how to get there though because it's inside a residential area. Another alternative would be walking across Megamal and then you can sample some of the kueh lapis. If you like the sample then buy.

Good layers cake should be priced around $25-30.

SG
reviews: 5
2. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

Thanks Chandrana, do you roughly know its in which area or the address? Diana Layer Cake is it quite well known by the locals, if yes then was thinking to go by cab to buy. Is it on the way from Harris Batam Centre hotel to Nagoya Hills? Was thinking to get the taxi driver to go to that place to buy the cake, on the way from the hotel to Nagoya Hills.

Thanks!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
3. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

No clue about the address and i doubt the taxi knows where it is. But yes, it is sort of a small detour on the way from your hotel to Nagoya Hill.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 4
4. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

Well, great inputs, Chandrana- But my mum and me agreed that the best kue lapis is the one at BCS.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
5. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

Which one? Layers or Vereen? hehehe... My favorite is vereen... a bit too oily for some but definitely tasty for me =)

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

Actually my mum had just been there last week - there are only one layer cakes shop at BCS now - the rest seems to be some sort of mini marts which sell breads etc - Chandrana - How many famous cake shop were there in Batam - I tried about 7 shops through out our numerous massage trips, but most of them were tour guided destinations, until we check out the local malls ourselves.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
7. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

Famous? Among tourists maybe... like Diana Layers Cake, Layers, Catarina and that one near top 100 but moved out already. Others I am not so sure because I never join the tours =)

Hmmm I haven't really noticed if the shop closed down but the one I prefer is just opposite the 'Layers' cake shop in BCS called 'Veeren' (maybe wrong spelling) or something like that.

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

:-P

Well, Singaporeans dislike food which are too oily. Make it RIGHT. :-) we just love to stay healthy, or die trying - haha -

Batam, Indonesia
9. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

not all singaporeans dislike oily foods because most of my singaporean friends actually love the food here .

Batam, Indonesia
10. Re: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?

Chandrana, we are really appreciate your comment in this forum.

I just want ton write down detail address of Diana Layer Cakes

Taman Seruni Indah block G no 10-11

Batam Center

PH : (+62 778) 466906

HP number : (+62) 813 6403 9086

You can booked the cake 2-3 days before your arrival in Batam. We want to provide you with the freshly baked layer cakes.

Regards

Angel

Reply to: Where to buy freshly made kueh lapis / layer cake?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted