We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Batam Centre or Nagoya Town?

Singapore, Singapore
Batam Centre or Nagoya Town?

hi, may i know if there are any reviews for Harris Hotel Batam Centre?

Is it accessible to stay there Or i shld stay one near nagoya town?

Is harris hotel near Nagoya Town or how far away actually? how long is the journey is travel by taxi and how much?

also, can advise where to go for seafood? and massage?

thks in advance!!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 17
1. Re: Batam Centre or Nagoya Town?

Harris Hotel Batam Center is top notch... located just across Megamall. The hotel is new and clean and nice and fun looking.

Batam Center is about 15-20 mins by taxi from Nagoya. The cost would be Rp50,000 one way. I personally would prefer Nagoya area but the Harris Hotel is a good choice at its price point.

Seafood - Rezeki in batu besar if you wanna spend 30-40 mins traveling one way and cost Rp. 100,000

Massage - Sports Massage in Nagoya or Indothai in Penuin (near BCS mall).

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 13
2. Re: Batam Centre or Nagoya Town?

May I know where is Sports Massage in Nagoya? Which level is it located.

Thanks.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
3. Re: Batam Centre or Nagoya Town?

It's located in Nagoya area... NOT inside nagoya hill mall. It is located just across the street from Harmoni hotel or KFC 'harmoni' branch.

Singapore
reviews: 2
4. Re: Batam Centre or Nagoya Town?

Hi Chandrana, if I'm at batam center with megamall easily accessible, what extra stuff does Nagoya hill offer? Is it worth the trip to travel down to Nagoya hills to do shopping? Or what stuff can I do at Nagoya that I can't at batam center? Thanks in advance!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
5. Re: Batam Centre or Nagoya Town?

Hmmmm nothing much really... except maybe there are slightly more things to see in Nagoya Hill mall. And the better massages/spas are in Nagoya area.

If you are into food, then nagoya would have more to offer. But if you just want a quick day trip and not too picky on your food, then Megamal has more than enough to feed you.

Cheers!

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Batam Centre or Nagoya Town?

I will be in Batam for 3 nights, any suggestions on how to spend the 3 days there besides Spa.? Will be staying near Nagoya.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
7. Re: Batam Centre or Nagoya Town?

3 nights are too long for holiday... but if you are here for work then it's okay...

read this consolidated thread (long): tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297717-i9135-k476…

you may find some info in the forum too.

But right now that I can think of just shopping, massage, spa, hair treatment, water sports (go to resort area), movies, chill, visit some temples, and maybe go to outlying islands (about 1,5-2 hours drive one way). Other than these are just standard normal routine you do once you live long enough in one place =)

Read around and let me know if you need other info. Good luck

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 5
8. Re: Batam Centre or Nagoya Town?

There's a new big Electronic shop opening at Mega Mall, although not as big as Best Denki at Taka :-)

Vasse, Western...
9. Re: Batam Centre or Nagoya Town?

Hello Chandrana, can you tell me how far it is to the BCS Shopping Mall from the Harris Hotel? Also what would the taxi fare be. Thanking you. Karen

Batam, Indonesia
10. Re: Batam Centre or Nagoya Town?

Karen .

Harris Hotel Batam Center ? it'll take you about 10 - 15 minutes by cab and cost you about Rp50.000 - Rp70.000 roughly . no higher .