We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Batam experts pls help :(

Singapore
reviews: 2
Batam experts pls help :(

Dear all,

Need your advice and help. I booked the Harbour Bay Amir

hotel in Batam under the deal package sometime back. Last recalled that when i came in to check on Harbour Bay Amir there were only 2 reviews and both were postive,

I am leaving for Batam and upon checking today, to my horror both new comments by Singaporean said it was terrible.. :(

I was the one who insisted my buddy go with me to Batam for this short trip but seeing the comments i just hope to get good advice on what to do out of hotel since the hotel is so horrible.

Please advise an itinerary and the cost when i reach on Sat so i won't get scolded by my buddy. Thank you so much!

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
31. Re: Batam experts pls help :(

wah marc u are still the man. hahaha

Batam, Indonesia
32. Re: Batam experts pls help :(

to add up , after i read this part , Goodway to 933 Golden Prawn for $20 / trip , it made me say "ouchh" . very , very , expensive .

Singapore, Singapore
33. Re: Batam experts pls help :(

933 Golden Prawn isnt very nice at all somemore. more ouch!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 18
34. Re: Batam experts pls help :(

Mel,

$20 one-way to 933??? Crazy.. even $20 two-way is quite expensive. You got the cab from the road some more.

Holiday Inn to Rezeki should be around 1hr for Rp 150,000. Have fun!

cheerss

Singapore, Singapore
35. Re: Batam experts pls help :(

Going for a 1 day spa/massage trip to batam with friends next wk...any recommendations?

do we need to book in adv for the spa

thank you :)

Batam, Indonesia
36. Re: Batam experts pls help :(

Spa Secret , Indothai and Eska Spa .

i recommend Indothai , but Spa Secret has the best vote so far here , so go for Spa Secret .

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 18
37. Re: Batam experts pls help :(

shaminz,

If you just want massage, then go for Indothai.

If you want spa, then go for Spa Secret. They have massage too but it's cheaper in Indothai and it's newer too.

Eska is another cheaper alternative but in terms of atmosphere and decor, it loses out by a mile.

Cheeersss

Singapore, Singapore
38. Re: Batam experts pls help :(

Yes as mentioned, Spa Secret. I'm going to try em out this end of March! Cant wait too.

You do not necessary need to book in advance for your massage, unless you are very particular in the timing, for example, you are rushing to somewhere or leaving soon. If not, just walk-in will do. Even if the house is full, you will be recommended the next earliest available slot.

Hope that helps!

Singapore, Singapore
39. Re: Batam experts pls help :(

Hi, I am going on a 3d2n Batam trip this October and will be staying at Harris Hotel. Other than the mall and the surrounding streets around the hotel, can anyone recommend me some must-visit places that I can go/ activities that I can do? Thanks in advance!

40. Re: Batam experts pls help :(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 31, 2014