We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much to hire a driver at batam?

Singapore, Singapore
how much to hire a driver at batam?

how much to hire a driver at batam for whole day??

Singapore, Singapore
91. Re: how much to hire a driver at batam?

If I stay within Nagoya area I indeed do not need a cab. Thanks Richard! It all arises when I considered going Sri Rezeki as it is too far..

You do mean the recept at hotel? or at malls? My worry is mainly getting a cab when im outside.. like getting to Weywey and from weywey back to Holiday Inn. How about the yellow-plate cabs I read on older threads, is this still relevant? thanks!

Edited: 11:44 am, March 20, 2013
Batam, Indonesia
92. Re: how much to hire a driver at batam?

recept at the hotel .

yellow plate cabs still is relevant .

yeah , Holiday Inn is quite a distance to Nagoya Hill . if you still need to hire a driver , i will pm you (in TripAdvisor) a few contacts . do check your message .

there have been a lot of complaints already about people engaging a driver that pm-ed them in here . which is why i do not favour drivers anymore .

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 25
93. Re: how much to hire a driver at batam?

DTZ,

Sure sure... feel free to contact me when you come next. bring u makan some godly food.

cheerrsss

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 25
94. Re: how much to hire a driver at batam?

Cleo,

Most cabs in batam are safe... don't worry about it too much.

As for cab companies, Blue Bird is #1 in Indonesia by far. Silver cab, Green cab, or other cab companies are fine too... yellow plated cab is a good way to go, irregardless of their companies.

If you are unsure or worried while in Batam, feel free to just give me a holler!

cheerrss

Kuala Lumpur...
95. Re: how much to hire a driver at batam?

Hi Richard, you just talk nonsense , my friend ask you that you can or not provide this 12 seater van with cost only SGD$50 , you say cannot so they take the SGD$80 with other , you can check it with other people in this forum , say if you want promotion yourself in this forum , please don't agitate other driver in Batam who want to make a honest living too.

Batam, Indonesia
96. Re: how much to hire a driver at batam?

"a minivan (7seater - 12 seater) will cost starting at about $50 to $60 MAX . any higher than that do not book ."

i provided a contact number but it seems your friend did not contact him .

now tell me , how is overpricing a honest service ?

Batam, Indonesia
97. Re: how much to hire a driver at batam?

as i said in some other replies , if the price is higher , go look for another driver that offers a cheap price or take Silver Cab instead .

so far the only taxi companies with a fair and honest service , other than hiring a private driver are Silver Cab and Blue Bird .

if the price for a 12 seater van is higher than $50 , do not engage . LOOK FOR ANOTHER DRIVER or negotiate with that driver .

so far , i have received LOTS of brand new members who PMed me and always ask for contact and price and then disappeared . i can only assume that most of those members are accounts of whoever "private driver" that lurks in here . so to whoever you are , i don't care what but you better stop fooling around .

oh and btw , the driver i provide has received death threats already from someone in here . i already advised him to report this to the police a month ago .

and Sally , if you are pissed just because your driver friend can't take advantage of the cashs from tourist , then i'm sorry but as much as you and your driver friend himself hate it , i'm sure you both dislike overcharged goods and services .

Singapore, Singapore
98. Re: how much to hire a driver at batam?

Hi Richard,

can give me the contact for the driver? I planning a trip there in Jun with my parents and kids and hope to have someone to drive us around. Thanks.

99. Re: how much to hire a driver at batam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:45 am, July 30, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
100. Re: how much to hire a driver at batam?

Hi Richard,

can give me the contact for the driver? I planning a trip there in 8 -10 Aug with my relative and kids and hope to have someone to drive us around. We had around total 10 pax plus the kids.Thanks.