We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JA Travel Agency for Batam Trip

Singapore, Singapore
JA Travel Agency for Batam Trip

Hi there!

This christmas day 25th December 2010. Mr friends and I arranged our trip to Batam to JA Travel Agency. Its our first time to go to Batam. We just need some advice coz we are afraid we are cheated or something. Is anybody know or tried before JA Travel agency? We are just confused, in the itenerary the depart time must be 7.45am to harbourfront but when we do the booking and they send us the confirmation they booked us 10.20 am for the reason the early ferry is fully booked. Is it fair? we pay $gd33 for the trip plus $gd29 more for other expenses. This package not included some other adventure such us go kart nad flying fox. we depart from sg at 10.20 and return at 17.20 is it faie enough?

Thank you for the help.

Lucy Diamond08

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 29
1. Re: JA Travel Agency for Batam Trip

Hi there

Just checking how did your trip go? was everything smooth? cos I booked a Batam package under JA Travel also, to travel in February 2011

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: JA Travel Agency for Batam Trip

Hi!

Not really good. In the terminal we are shocked we got no booking a guy approach us and said we will take the other ferry he ask us to run!because the boarding gate will going to close but in the itenerary they book timing at 10;00am. but 9.20am only wen we arrived they said no booking then ask us to run to other ferry!terrible. Then when we reach batam we wait very long then the trip they did not follow the itenerary all rushing we never go to the temple as stated. In Summary waste of MONEY!

Singapore, Singapore
3. Re: JA Travel Agency for Batam Trip

hi wai005,

so how was your trip last Feb 2011 with JA travel? i also wanted to book for their 2d1n batam package at goodway hotel with city tour..

thank you for your response!

Batam
reviews: 2
4. Re: JA Travel Agency for Batam Trip

I'd say don't bother. Just get a round-trip ticket and book a hotel when you get here. Look up the Panorama or Goodway Hotel, get their number, and pre-arrange with them. Less hassle than dealing with stupid agents.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 29
5. Re: JA Travel Agency for Batam Trip

Hi Traveller_meh,

Firstly, don't have too high expectations on the city tour. There isn't much to see after all in Batam, and the highlight of the tour has to be a trip the Polo Ralph Lauren factory store. If you are a Buddhist or Taoist, there is this temple that they will bring you to, and I heard from believers that its quite a 'lucky' temple. The massage place that they bring you too is so-so only, for better value massage, try out the Sports Massage Centre which has many outlets, one of which is next to Hotel Seruni. You will have to do this at your own time, either on the first day night or before you check out the next day.

For me, the main purpose of the trip is a relax getaway, so JA Travel still provides a hassle free outlet for me to book the trip and get to the hotel. Normally, the tour will bring you to the shopping centre for maybe 3 hours before dropping you off at your hotel. So I would recommend u book a hotel next to the shopping centre, so that when the time for shopping comes, you can request the tour guide to drop u off at the hotel first for check in, leaving the rest of the day free for your own use for shopping, karaoke, makan, massage etc. I stayed at I Hotel which is fairly new, next to the shopping centre and has great breakfast!

JA Travel is quite reliable and prompt in email replies. I actually requested for a change in travel dates one week before the original dates, and they actually changed for me without any extra charges.

Hope this helps, enjoy your trip!

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 16
6. Re: JA Travel Agency for Batam Trip

Yes, get round trip ferry at your own and book your own hotel, DON'T go for stupid agent!! I booked with agent and double confrimed with them already but end up ferry counter siad no booking by your agent. FAINT!! all my family blamed me. I will not go for any agent.

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: JA Travel Agency for Batam Trip

Hi,

I'm planning for a family trip for either a day trip or a 2D 1N to batam. I would like to enquire whether i could charter a bus with u to ferry us around the shopping mall?

How much do you charge for a group of 15 pax?

Thanks

Agnes

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 18
8. Re: JA Travel Agency for Batam Trip

For your future travels to Batam, you can just book your own round trip tickets and get your own hotels. I agree, Batam has not much to offer but do not get disappointed with the city tours. They are just doing their job trying to earn commissions from those places they take you. Putting that aside, Batam has a lot of good food to offer. If you are adventurous enough, you can try the local roadside food. Be prepared for stomachache though. Hahaha...

Agnes: you can charter a bus. Usually it's in 8-hour package. I am not sure of a bus charter charge but the last time I chartered a 10-seater minivan for my friend was around $100 for 8 hours.

Good luck guys!

Singapore, Singapore
9. Re: JA Travel Agency for Batam Trip

Hmm.. so the conclusion is not to sign up with JA Travel?

-Eaton

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 18
10. Re: JA Travel Agency for Batam Trip

the conclusion is not to sign up with Batam 1-day tour... it doesn't matter where you book from... it's gonna end up in the same 1-day tour when you come Batam =)

Come free and easy. Enjoy food and massages and just relax.