We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestion pls..

Which Batam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sg
suggestion pls..

ola..

i decided to pick ktm resort for our holiday trip. but am not sure how the plce is.. i've been to batam view and turi beach reort.. both are great! am such a particular person especially the rooms.. is ktm resort up to my expectation? or do u have any otha better plce to go for a holiday trips?

thanks... looking forward for the trip.

Singapore
1. Re: suggestion pls..

am interested to noe how is ktm resort as well~ any more reviews? Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: suggestion pls..

why not try harris resort ?

Singapore
3. Re: suggestion pls..

Saw a package from KTM/spa villa website @ $103 (excludes Departure Fee/Fuel Surcharge & Batam Terminal Fee) which includes 2-way ferry tickets, Land transfer,1 Night Accommodation at KTM Resort with Breakfast, 90mins Ocean View Spa, Batam City / Shopping Tour with local guide on 2nd Day and Seafood lunch on 2nd Day.

seems quite value for money~ or is it actually worth it to diy spa, meals n stay @ holiday inn/harris resort?

Hong Kong
4. Re: suggestion pls..

I have not stayed at KTM resort when I visited Batam last month, but had gone to visit a Buddist Kwan Yin Statute which I found today is located inside the resort. My opinion is the place is ok at least the surrounding is quiet, peaceful and the scenery is good. (you can see Singapore across the sea.) But if want to get away from Singapore and does not want to be reminded of the place even on holiday, then KTM is not a place for you.

I don't know about the rooms and amenities. We took some photos taking the villa as background. The outside looks alright to me.

Hope the information is useful

london
reviews: 9
5. Re: suggestion pls..

Hi,

Sorry for piggy-backing on this discussion. We are thinking of a 2 night stay in Dec at either Harris or Holiday Inn. Wonder if you can help. There will be 7 adults and 2 children in our party. We wonder how expensive it is to eat at either resorts - are there cheaper restaurants within walking distance from either resort? Is there a beach in either resort - the hotel websites dont seem make this clear. Any hints/tips wd be very very welcome. Thank you.

Needy

Hong Kong
6. Re: suggestion pls..

Hi Needy,I just stayed in Harris for five days and has earlier written a review, posted on tripadviser under the name of TomJudy. If you have time , please take a look. I had also gone to Hoilday inn which is five minutes drive away for a Sunday Dim Sum lunch buffet. The hotel is what one can expect from an international hotel chain. The amenities and service are in compliance with their required standard, which I think is good enough for a place like Batam.

For eating in Harris. If you are staying under a package, breakfast should be inclusive. It costs about Sing$9.00/head. (I am not on package). The choice of food are not much. There are no ham and bacon. Only sausage, egg, salad, noodles, assorted bread, potatoes, some indonesian hot dish, satay, chinese congee with side dishes and fruit. Of course fruit juice, milk, coffee and tea are basic. If you want tea with milk and sugar, they have no full cream milk, only condense milk, or you have to take fresh milk as the creamer. The package also include a free Pizza which the hotel boasts as the best in the region. I tried one, and it is ok.

For Ala Carte dishes at the coffee shop, Price range from Sing $12 for Asiana dishes to Sing $30 for a western steak. They also have a grill room which is by the sea. I had not tried it. But you can expect the price will be a bit higher than the coffee shop.

The hotel has barbecue buffet for every Friday and Saturday evening. It costs about Sing $25/head.

Be ware of the Japanese Restaurant at the Sports Center. This restaurant is not run by the hotel and is a rip off. If you really have to eat there, make sure you pay in Sing Dollar. If they said they have no change and ask for rupiad, you must insist to pay in Sing dollar and aske them to find the change. Because their conversion rate for rupiad is outrageous, Sing$1 for 7,590Rp. Even Harris only ask for 1 to 6,800 and the money exchange in town 1 to 6,659. I think the restaurant took all customers are as dump as the Japanese and Korean who just paid for whatever the charges are.

There are NO restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. Near the entrance of the hotel by the road side, there are some food stalls under the tree. I don't think you will dare to try it. The closest restaurant is at Waterfront City Pier, a sea food restaurant. Since it is the only one in the neighbourhood, the price is not cheap, I have not tried it. If you really want to try, make sure the sea food you choose is much alive, not chilled or frozen.

For water sports. Harris has a beach just next to the grill room. Not a very big beach. It has water sports but I think for a price.

I don't know if Holiday Inn has a beach or not. It seems it is much inland than Harris.

Just a few word about Harris. They provide special service for their customers by posting a receptionist next to the Immigration officer desk at Waterfront city pier, the entre point for Batam. All customers of the hotel need not bother with the immigration procedure, they only need to give the receptionist their passport and can go straight on to the waiting bus. The hotel will handle all the immigration procedure and will give their customers a receipt to claim back their passport from the reception desk at hotel afterwards. For those who need to pay a visa fee, I think the hotel will charge it to their bill later. Of course it is not a big deal, but taking the reputation of Indonesian Immigration Bureaucrates how they deal with people passing through their counter , it saves the visitors alot of trouble.

BTW, if you are going in Dec, it is at low season and is rainy too. Advise you to check the climate chart before making the trip.

Wish the above information are useful.

london
reviews: 9
7. Re: suggestion pls..

Thanks - this is very helpful. We shall take all this into account - perhaps Bintan might be just as good as Batam? Again, thank you for such comprehensive information.

needy

Singapore
8. Re: suggestion pls..

Thanks tomjudy! =D

9. Re: suggestion pls..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, October 05, 2009