We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My experience at Harris is good

Hong Kong
My experience at Harris is good

I've just finished a five days trip to Batam and stayed in Harris Resort. Although I don't think I shall go back to the Island again, but I would suggest if any one wish to visit the place, choose Harris. From now until end of Aug, they charge RP399,ooo during week day, which is only about HK$350. I think it is a good bargain.

The hotel it self is not top class, but have all the necessary amenities of a resort. Big and Spacious swimming pool. An activity center with bowling, Kara OK, Gym Billiard etc. and a spa.

But the best impression I have is the professional and good services provided by the staff. They are always polite and helpful. They also possess many talents. eg, On top of their regular duty serving at the counter, the restaurants or at swimming pool, in the evening they also entertain guests during dinner by the pool side, singing , dancing and playing music. In the morning during Friday and Saturday, they also have Line Dance at the reception area welcoming guests.

The food there is ok, not spectacular, don't expect too much for the breakfast buffet. But the Asian dish taste good. For some who rented the suite with kitchen, the resort has nothing to buy , I mean food, so if you want to cook, bring your own , or buy it from the supermarket in town half an hour drive away.

One remindance, don't visit the Japanese restaurant at the Activity Center. It is not run by the hotel , and their service is terrible. We went ther for a noodle dinner. The waitor and waitress has no expression on their face, when we make an order, just don't know if they understand English or not.

But the worst experience is when we ask for the check, it was SING$32.00, we gave them a Fifty. But they said they have no change. and asked to be paid in Rupiad. And the exchange rate was at 1 to 750. What a rip off, even Harris's exchange rate was 680 to 1. I complained but at no vail. I later made a complain to the hotel and the staff said they will report the case. May be the Japanese and the Korean customers are so rich or so dumb that they willing being ripped off, but I will make sure that their tricks will be exposed.

So much for the time being, will talk about my experience in town in another contribution.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 19
1. Re: My experience at Harris is good

Hi tomjudy, I'm to go stay Harris this coming September and was thinking of signing for their SPA packages. I had went through some reviews that it wasn't really very pleasant, though the feedback was given a long time back. Did you use the H Spa service? How was your experience? Many Thanks!

Hong Kong
2. Re: My experience at Harris is good

Hi Toyjoy, me and my wife had tried the spa and had chosen a package for couples for two and half hours at a cost of Sing$216.00. My comment is not bad and my wife's remark is Good. Customers for such package will be treated in a private hut wirh two beds and a Jacussi. Because our booking is in the evening so I can't see the surrounding clearly, but my feeling is quite good. They have put flowers and plants on all side as you walk through a man made small bridge leading to the hut which is surrounded with Bamboo curtains. Because my package includes a jacussi massage so the room has a jacussi.

As for the real massage, I always feel that much depends on your luck. Of course if you are a regular customer and know which Massuer is good , you can always book that massuer, but for us tourist whom I doubt will ever go back again, we'll have to make do with whoever is available and whatever her conditions will be. There are good and not too good massues. Especially in the evening, when a massuer has been working for a whole day, may be she can not perform so well to her last customer. The Spa closes at 10Pm, the last booking is at 7:30pm.

Hope the information is useful. Wish you a happy trip.

Tomjudy

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 19
3. Re: My experience at Harris is good

Hi tomjudy, based on your comments I'll have more confidence in the quality of the resort especially on the SPA service. Most likely to give it a try! & give feedback after it! Thank you very much!

4. Re: My experience at Harris is good

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 02, 2009