We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Batam Day Trip. Recommended?

Sydney, AU
reviews: 1
Batam Day Trip. Recommended?

Hi, I've planned a trip to Singapore in the next couple of weeks. Never been to Indonesia, so I am wondering if anyone would recommend a day-trip to Batam. I'm not planning on staying over night.

I've read that shopping is a big attraction, but I'm more the type of person that likes the cultural side of things...

Would anyone recommend I go to Batam or should I stay in Singapore? Also planning to do a day trip to JB Malaysia.

Thanks in advance for any help!

INDONESIA
1. Re: Batam Day Trip. Recommended?

Ozphil,,, Day Trip To Batam Should Be Nice,,, Shopping Is Great, Food Is Great,,, Take A Early Ferry From SIngapore To Batam N It Takes 45,Min,,, N Back To Singapore on A Late Ferry At 2100hrs,,,

Jb Is Also Fantastic, A Day Trip Should Be Nice,,, Shoping Is Also Good There,,

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 35
2. Re: Batam Day Trip. Recommended?

Did you end up going for a day trip to Batam? I'm considering doing it with my three daughters (10 & under). Any advice?

3. Re: Batam Day Trip. Recommended?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 16, 2009