We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any review on Sijori Batam?

Which Batam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 15
Any review on Sijori Batam?

Hi,

Anyone has anything to share about your stay at Sijori Resort, Batam?

Singapore
1. Re: Any review on Sijori Batam?

Hi,

Been there and back in June. Resort compound is huge. Big pool, fishing pond, driving range and many other facilities similar to clubs. However, it is beside a cemetary and resort staff as well as 'tour guide' made scarry remarks about the place (ie. haunted).

Moving from hotel lobby to rooms is by hotel car or buggy. Rooms are huge but not very clean. Bath amenities very basic.

I would not go there again unless with a very big group of family members and friends!

A very relaxing and nice place if you are not bothered by the quietness and spookiness..............

Singapore
2. Re: Any review on Sijori Batam?

Hi Clouds,

me and bf plus another couple plan to go batam for a short getaway next month. while looking at the website, we kinda like the concept of Sijori Batam resort.. but there seems not much a review given or shared under this resort. Understand u've stayed there and notice your remarks abt the resort. However, would appreciate if u can share more of your experience with us b4 we decide whether to stay there or else where.

thanks..

Singapore
3. Re: Any review on Sijori Batam?

The Bad :

Being a resort, but not a five star one, it understandably is not as clean as hotels. Lizards, insects, not uncommon...

Bathroom similar to those found in Singapore's Downtown East Resort: big, bare & basic

Bed : big but with some lizard droppings....

Room phone : often not working but needed for booking buggy/car to reception/main activities area.

TV: no reception

Room/carpet: smelt of 'stale wood'

F&B : don't expect too much!

The accommodation, around 20units in a few 3-storey blocks, is situated far from the reception and far from where the activities are and on a 'hill'.

The Good :

Room : very big with double-panel- wooden doors opening up to a balcony. Our unit is the block 'nearest' to the pool, so our balcony overlooks the pool, pond and the whole reception building.

The pool & fishing pond is huge. Activities like archery, minigolf, golf (at driving range- S$6 for 100balls), billard is available but not utilised cause there's simply not enough humans around in proportion to the resort compound!

We had the whole big ballroom to ourselves (2A2C) for our karaoke session which cost us only S$6. (no time restriction)

Dinner/lunch and breakfast at the same lobby lounge comes with live entertainment (singers)

Incident : We were at the karaoke session till 10pm and realised that all the other guests have retired to their rooms when we came out of the ballroom. We asked if the resort staff can walk us back to our block instead of waiting for the buggy driver who will only be there in half an hours' time. Imagine our surprise when they said was very dark and they dare not walk us back, while giving us some 'funny' look! Even the staff seem to suggest that the place is spooky!

As a whole, the place really feels like a resort. Very relaxing, if only there is enough 'human' ( chinese call, 'ren qi'). If you are not fearfull of 'such' things, its a very nice place. Good, if you wish to be away from the crowds.

Pardon my language as I am writing this over my lunchtime as I eat...

Singapore
4. Re: Any review on Sijori Batam?

Thank u very much for taking time to reply. Very detailed. Appreciated. =) As we don't wish to have any unpleasant encounter since the whole idea is to free our mind and enjoy our weekends, decided to go for Batam View or Holiday Inn... perhaps wait till that resort gain more postive reviews from those who have stayed there.. thanks once again.. cheers!

5. Re: Any review on Sijori Batam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Batam