We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Bromo & Kawah Ijen - Solo traveller advice

Which Surabaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Mt Bromo & Kawah Ijen - Solo traveller advice

I'm looking for advice on the standard 3N/2D Surabaya - Mt Bromo - Kawak Ijen - Surabaya circuit, but as I am a solo traveller I'm looking for sensible options in regards to price etc.

Malang
reviews: 13
1. Re: Mt Bromo & Kawah Ijen - Solo traveller advice

hello,

i'm not sure you'll get all of that in just 3N/2D. Although you can that just make you sick and not enjoy your time, in your destination. rem

just choose one of Mt. Bromo or Kawah Ijen and then you can take another place which is close to your final decision. The road to Kawah ijen not good so that will spend more time.

If you go to Mt Bromo you can go to pananjakan by car (Jip around Rp 200.000-Rp 300.000 this cost ia cover to go to mt. bromo and pananjakan two ways) to get good picture of Mt. Bromo and you can rent trail bike (around Rp 150.000-Rp 200.000 a day) you can see the savana and then go to Madakaripura waterfall and back to Surabaya circuit.

i'm so sorry i cannot give you much advise

hope you can enjoy your trip in Indonesia. :)

Probolinggo...
reviews: 10
2. Re: Mt Bromo & Kawah Ijen - Solo traveller advice

agree.... with the time you have, the best option is bromo and ijen only. the time is too short to have solo in you schedule. the cheapest way to reach bromo is having a public transport (train or bus) to probolinggo's bus station and then walk to the green shuttle station and have it to go to cemoro lawang. the jeep normal price is 400 for sunrise and bromo crater. or you rent a motocross for 250-300 a day or 150 for 3 hours. back to probolinggo by the green shuttle. take a bus to banyuwangi and you order ijen's jeep from the hotel. the price around 600-700 (jeep and local guide).

the easiest way...... rent a private car and have AN ENGLISH DRIVER.

london
3. Re: Mt Bromo & Kawah Ijen - Solo traveller advice

Many thanks for the replies- travel plans have changed slightly, I will now have 10 days in Java, flying in/out of Jakarta- any advice on itineraries?

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 59
4. Re: Mt Bromo & Kawah Ijen - Solo traveller advice

Hi

3 nights in Jogja, 2 nights in Bromo, 2 nights around Ijen, 3 nights in Jakarta (arriving an leaving only).

5. Re: Mt Bromo & Kawah Ijen - Solo traveller advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 18, 2014