We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours from Cruise ship

Which Semarang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warwickshire
reviews: 69
Tours from Cruise ship

We are on a cruise and visiting Semarang/Surabaya/Probolinggo on consecutive days in early December.

We would appreciate ideas and contacts for local tours of approximately half a day in each port.

I have posted this question on all 3 Semarang/Surabaya/Probolinggo forums.

Thanking you in anticipation

Kind regards

Deborah

12 replies to this topic
Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
reviews: 77
1. Re: Tours from Cruise ship

For tour out of Semarang, you'll have the option of having a Semarang city tour. The city has few great historical buildings which one can explore; including the temples among others.

Another popular trip out of Semarang is to visit Borobudur temple. This would involve a long drive as it's located in different city altogether. I recommend to join the tour organized by the ship - if any - for a better time coordination.

Warwickshire
reviews: 69
2. Re: Tours from Cruise ship

Thank you for the information. It is appreciated

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
reviews: 53
3. Re: Tours from Cruise ship

Hi Deborah,

Your query is scattered in 3 different forums so it's hard to answer it comprehensively. For Semarang, if you want to go out of the city then you can go to Ambarawa and Salatiga area. Visit Gedong Songo temple, then to Rawa Pening, Banaran Coffee Plantation and then back to Semarang.

Edited: 4:18 am, September 12, 2013
Salatiga, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Java
reviews: 50
4. Re: Tours from Cruise ship

Some cruises docking at Semarang offer a steam train ride from Ambarawa.

If yours does, I recommend you take it: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/b7e5c/

Theo

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
5. Re: Tours from Cruise ship

Theo, how can I forget about the train museum and the steam train ride! Definitely the most interesting thing to see and do in Ambarawa.

6. Re: Tours from Cruise ship

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, January 05, 2014

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
reviews: 77
7. Re: Tours from Cruise ship

Dear PrayudiIgnatius,

NO SOLICITATION and advertising on TA forums.

Please refer to forum posting guidelines before joining this community!

8. Re: Tours from Cruise ship

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, December 04, 2014

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
9. Re: Tours from Cruise ship

commodora, please start your own post for that topic. One post is enough to discuss similar matters, please don't litter the forum by scattering your posts everywhere.

United States
reviews: 5
10. Re: Tours from Cruise ship

I posted on many sites so that others might see it somewhere on tripadvisor and not get scammed. I see it as a service, not scattering.It should stay on this forum because the topic is directly connected. Please return the tour scam article here.

Edited: 11:02 pm, December 04, 2014
Reply to: Tours from Cruise ship
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted