We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogor Short Trip

Which Bogor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
TRaVeLLeRs
Bogor Short Trip

Would like to seek an advise.

How to get in to Bogor from Bandung as I intend to go there on 4th December 2010.

As i read the previous TA the interest/shopping is around Botanical Mall. Is there any recommended hotel around as my budget within USD 50 or RM 150. I intend to stay 1 night and will going to Jakarta the next day. Also advise transportation from Bogor to Jakarta.

TQ

28 replies to this topic
Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
reviews: 77
1. Re: Bogor Short Trip

Transportation from Bandung to Bogor: rent a car. That's the most convenient and easiest (also the fastest).

From Bogor to Jakarta: if you want to go directly to Jakarta Airport, you can take DAMRI bus from Botani Square area (don't go to Baranangsiang bus terminal). If you want to go to Jakarta city, just use rental car, easier that way.

Botanical Mall? It must be Botani Square http://www.botanisquare.com/ It's the largest shopping mall in Bogor, but nothing too extraordinary. It has good location: near botanical garden, also not that far from highway access to Jakarta and Ciawi (Jagorawi toll road).

For hotel:

1. Santika Bogor, adjacent to Botani Square

2. Hotel Salak Bogor, across the botanical garden, a good 15-20mins walk from Botani Square

But sure none of these hotels are within USD50. You should raise your budget a bit. Santika Bogor's lowest rate is at Rp684,000 (or RM250)

TRaVeLLeRs
2. Re: Bogor Short Trip

how much to rent a car from bandung - bogor and how long does it takes? I'm solo traveller and need to squeeze my budget.

My concern is more to visit that place for sight-seeing since this is my 1st trip to Bogor

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
3. Re: Bogor Short Trip

Depending on the route you choose, the route via Puncak will take longer especially on weekend and do watch out for one-way traffic at certain hours. So the best is to avoid this route. Approx travelling time is 1,5 hours one way.

Car rental normally costs around Rp500,000/car for a 12-hour trip. But there are different rental scheme that you could choose from, so it's always best to contact the car rental directly.

If you want to move around Bogor easily, better to rent a car for a daily basis (choose one that can drive you all the way from Bandung to Bogor, then Bogor sightseeing trip, and drop you off at Jakarta the following day). Cipaganti can arrange that for you (it has base both in Bandung and Jakarta). It will be a waste of time if you opt for public buses and public van to move around these places since you only have short time of visit.

TRaVeLLeRs
4. Re: Bogor Short Trip

So Cipangati offer around RP500K from Bandung - Bogor - Jakarta you mean?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
5. Re: Bogor Short Trip

Rp500,000 is a roughly estimate for inner city travel for around 6-12 hours. It's not of Cipaganti but of most car rental company. For travelling between Bandung - Bogor - Jakarta surely they will have different pricing (inter-city travel will cost more). You have to call them directly and work out which one is the best solution. I am just trying to give you out some illustration, but you are free to adjust according to your needs.

SEA
reviews: 11
6. Re: Bogor Short Trip

Hi there,

The family would like to travel from Bandung to Taman Safari. Afterwhich, proceed back to Jakarta. All this hopefully be done within a weekday.

Assuming I leave Bandung early in the morning, do you think I would have time to visit the Puncak Gunung Mas Tea Plantation + the horse ridding in the morning then follow by a visit to Taman Safari for the rest of the day?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
7. Re: Bogor Short Trip

It's absolutely possible. However, you have to manage your time carefully. It will also be a packed day, so make sure you bring enough amenities especially for the kids.

The best way is to leave Bandung very early, 6am at the latest directly to Gunung Mas. You can spend the morning there and have a breakfast (maybe at any restaurant in Cipanas or Puncak Pass area). Taman Safari opens at 10am with most animal shows begin in the afternoon, you practically can spend the whole day at that place.

SEA
8. Re: Bogor Short Trip

Hi there,

Thank you very much for being so helpful with the advice and tips.

I will make arrangement with the car rental company.

Cheers and Regards,

SEA
9. Re: Bogor Short Trip

Hi there,

I'm wondering how much do they charge for horse riding at Gunung Mas? I'm of the thought to rent horses for 5 of us that bring us across the tea plantation.

By the way, Is Gunnung Mas an equivalent of the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia?

A friend told me try to drop by Cimory for makan too.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
10. Re: Bogor Short Trip

Puncak area in general is more like Cameron Highlands while Gunung Mas itself is only a plot of land use as tea plantation.

The entrance fee is Rp4,500 per person. You are free to tour the area or having a tea walk. For horse rental, you have to negotiate with the horse keeper. I think you can bargain if all 5 of you want to ride the horse, approx Rp20,000-30,000 per person is deemed normal.

However, for just a short-duration poney ride for kids you can also get it inside Taman Safari.

Cimory is located in different village (see, Puncak is the general area name which consists of lots of villages/towns) called Cisarua. It happens to be in the same village as Taman Safari. It's a restaurant really with few children playgrounds around. Also available is shop selling Cimory dairy products. Food there is standard cafe food.

Reply to: Bogor Short Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted