We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lembang -bandung

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jurong, Singapore
reviews: 5
lembang -bandung

im going for a holidays this dec 3 pax adult and wld like to know is lembang is a nice place to stay? we were thinking that we stay 2 nights in lembang and 2 night is bandung. Iheard frm one of my friend in bandung lembang is a cooling place and have many villa to stay. Normally i like to stay in a place where is not so hustle for the 1st night need to relax and enjoy atmosphere before proceed to busy area. So what is nice in lembang? can get easily muslim food over there? can anyone recommend me a driver fetch me from bandung airport to lembang need a very reasonable price. Has been to Medan last yr..but the agency in medan was horrible hopefully this time is much better than before. And which villa is good to stay .thks

Bandung, Jawa...
reviews: 22
1. Re: lembang -bandung

Lembang is definitely cooler than Bandung.......the temperature can be around 15 degrees C overnight....,altitude around 2250 metres amsl...two Hotels there to check out The Grand Hotel Lembang and the Panorama Hotel......the Panorama has nice food and all Hotels there would serve Halal Food unless otherwise requested. You can ask your Hotel for a suitable driver....there are Taxis acquired with voucher at Bandung airport...you will probably need to go by Taxi meter to Lembang....In Bandung, .Banana Inn, Asmila, and Geulis are all nice 'n cozy hotels. Hyatt central Bandung for a convenient location......Factory Outlets are close to the Geulis (next door) and the Asmila (Ruma Mode across the road). Welcome to our city Bandung!

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
2. Re: lembang -bandung

it is easier to find halal food here than in singapore.

one of a good new hotel is grand paradise.

i am not sure taxi from airport can reach lembang too.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 79
3. Re: lembang -bandung

halimah910, hello

1/ with short visit ( 3-4 nights) it`s not wise to change hotel/ location. Too much hassle with check-in/ out, packing / repacking and waste of time. Better find a place that suites you most for the whole stay ( better in BDG city) and visit Lembang area on yur way to T. Peraahu park or Ciater hot springs. In lembang itself there is LITERALLY nothing to do or see - it`s just and average outskirt of the bigger city.

2/ for hotel choice, please state your budget/ room/ night????

3/ <<it is easier to find halal food here than in singapore.>>

True... it will be a challenge to find non-halal food in BDG...LOL

4/ NOTE: halimah910, Due to lots of scam in BDG forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( car rental, guide, tours - pretenders of any kind). This illegal practice will endanger your health, life, well being etc - AVOID at all costs. PLEASE to report to DEs - me or Stefzzz. Your help is greatly appreciated. The best and SAFEST way to rent a car+ local driver - from your hotel. And do not believe ANY sugar coated lies that infiltrate the forum recently..............

5/ from BDO airport - there is a fixed taxi fare ( by coupon in the arrival hall) to any BDG city hotel - 50 k IDR/ one way. Avoid touts.

Jurong, Singapore
4. Re: lembang -bandung

Hello Schonefeld, thank you for your kind advised. Actually i have been to bandung recently abt 2 yrs back with my nieces under free and easy. But we dont enjoy so much over there due to short of time and yes !!! the driver that we had hired really sucked blood.. We stay in 2 hotels ..one is swiss bell hotel and another hotel is im sorry i cant recall. Dont enjoy the authentic sundanese food at all the driver did not mentioned abt the food instead brought us to eat padang food which we already eaten at jakarta before we arrived to bdg. So all the way we took our lunch , dinner and breakfast with international food in the hotel. When my niece went they again for 3rd time she told me that she went to the very nice restaurant sundanese pondok authantic food with fry big goldfish. that we never taste before..and a lot of places this hired driver did not bring us for sightseing..a waste of my $$$ paying him. i will never use him anymore. Ijust want to have a nice relaxing in a cool place as mentioned in Lembang u know cant find cool place in spore either..thks again my friend for the reply.

Jurong, Singapore
5. Re: lembang -bandung

hi dinsdin, thks for your infor, how many hours from bandong airport to lembang? i saw in the website there is abt 20 hotel inclusive cottage and villa in lembang right? maybe i will browsing around the hotel before do with the booking. Or maybe you have any driver that you will like to recomment to me.Must be a honest and experience driver that i m looking for ya.. just email at my email for the quotation . Thus is my email address

halimahwest@yahoo.com.sg.. have a nice day.

Jurong, Singapore
6. Re: lembang -bandung

hi cakur, thks for your infor ya...

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 79
7. Re: lembang -bandung

The best hotel in lemabg at the moment is GH Universal | Hotel.

http://www.ghuniversal.com/

Also you can check Padma Hotel Bandung, in the city itself but has a VERY resort/ cool look and very atmospheric.

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
8. Re: lembang -bandung

gh universal is not in lembang. padma hotel also.

hotel in lembang is like grand paradise hotel or grand hotel lembang. there is also takashimaya hotel.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
reviews: 77
9. Re: lembang -bandung

halimah910, it's not the brilliant idea to give out your personal email address or other contact on public forums unless you're ready to get spam on your email...

Bandung, Jawa...
reviews: 22
10. Re: lembang -bandung

sorry I am late with the reply.....I am still in your city of Singapore.....journey to Lembang can take an hour or more on a good traffic day...nice n early it should be ok that is on weekdays.....and a tip for a really cool place in Lembang is Burgundy http://burgundy.co.id/ we went there earlier this year...actually it is just out of Lembang and there is accommodation, nice meals, good service and as the name suggests there is wine. It is really cool there are with great views!!! I prefer to answer only on this forum...sorry I cannot recommend a good driver....seems to be a no no with the regulars on this forum. And also in Lembang there's a water park, and a strawberry place....mmmmm your driver....if you have arranged a hotel, then maybe the Hotel is it is a big establishment will have a good driver.....Burgundy is a well organised place and there's also the Grand Hotel Lembang, and The Panorama Hotel. Do ask by email the Burgundy about a cottage arrangement.