We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpackers to bandung

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
malaysia
Backpackers to bandung

hello all,

to bandung man and other bandung experts, can you guys pls advise me a lil a bit about trip to bandung..

1. my fren book a place at Patradisa Guest House, jl wastu kencana..anybody know this place? can tell me some details like is it located in the heart of bandung?

2. i got a tour guide offering us 1 day tour in bandung by avanza for RP500,000. is that a normal rate?

3. i've heard about angkot..is it safe to travel short distance places by angkot?

4. how long will it takes from bandung to jakarta by train?

thanks in advance!

Jakarta
11. Re: Backpackers to bandung

Hi malaysiana maybe my info can help you..if you go to Tangkuban Perahu better you go in week days or saturday cause sunday so many Penjaja..and angkot is safe in Bandung..The place of Heart Movie at the Kawah Putih about 2 hr from Bandung..i like that Place..and i suggestion from Jakarta you can take the travel more chepper and fast just 2-2.5 hr..you can take x-trans, baraya, cipaganti travel..

about the hotel you can try Rumah Asri Guest House in l. setrasari Kulon V no. 10 ph 022-2013288..the place is nice cozy clean and homy..the staff and the price is ok...near Jl. Setiabudi and just 15 mnt to Lembang (tangkuban Perahu) and near the Tol to Jakarta...

shah alam
reviews: 1
12. Re: Backpackers to bandung

hey, how many gurls?

i went to tangkuban, only 3 of us (all gals).. went down to the kawah domas (ciater) okey je..

yeah i know u havent been to tangkuban so u cant imagine the situation..

excuse me,.. it is not that bad.. as long as ur firm.. they couldnt do much and they wont neither..i mean.. they can only beg u to buy.. no more than that.. be firm.. smile and say politely.. no thanks and keep on taking pictures..

and my fren told me that, if ur not buying.. dont even look at them.. because once ur eyes blink2.. (i mean, once u show them that ur interested..) they will tail u guys till u buy! haha..

erm wat to do at tangkuban?

first of all, u have to pay the entrance fees.. i think about 15k for local.. and ur rental car, u have to pay 7.5k? smthing like that.. but for foreigner they charged u separately.. its tourist rate.. pray that u'll be getting a good driver, cuz a gud driver will get u local fees.. hehe

okey, once ur there.. u'll be driven up to the top.. where u can take photos.. and u can see beautiful (splendid, awesome!) views of bandung.. and the temperature is rather low.. smthing like cameron..(if ur going in the morning)..

okey, if ur with the elderly makciks.. u dont have to do the jungle trekking to the crater (kawah).. in stead ask the driver to drive to the side entrance..

from the side entrance (if u still wish to see the crater, kawah - hot, boiling water) then u can do 45mins (one way) jungle trekking.. there are rangers/guides whom u have to pay for their services.. negotiate and try to get a good price..

and thats about it.. time spent? photo sessions plus the jungle trekking.. is about 2.5-3hrs..

just a 2cents from me :)

malaysia
13. Re: Backpackers to bandung

Hey y'all..thanx sooo much for the info..wow shahlami u sure did makes me wanna go to Tangkuban Perahu..but then again, see how la..have to convince the other gurls..but for sure we'll be going to Kawah Puteh..yeay!!

any other infos guys?? i really apprecite them..thanx

bandung
14. Re: Backpackers to bandung

Good for shalami.. you are very good tourist.

And for malaysiana.. don't worry to go to Tangkuban Perahu but you r right, south of Bandung is good also..

1.Patradisa Guest House, jl wastu kencana..i know this place, location is in the heart of bandung.it is not far from shopping complex.. Bandung Indah Plaza, Jalan Riau area, Dago, Pasar Baru.. just only walk. you don't need to rent the car.

2. I had one adresse of the driver and guide, he is very clever to make the guest comfortable, he know very well about Bandung and good to tell about Bandung story, his English is good too, price is only Rp.350.000, included gasoline, fuel, talking and driving. i'm sure he can make you very very happy. you can contact me to get his adresse ( i can't write his adresse in this forum because this forum is not the way to make business...ha..ha..ha...) but with him you don't need to pay more.

3.Yes angkot..it is safe to travel short distance places by angkot..

4. it will takes 3-4 from bandung to jakarta by train. you can enjoy with Panorama..

Sydney
reviews: 2
15. Re: Backpackers to bandung

I'll be in Bandung from 15 jun to 20 jun, and I'd like to book at CASSADUA GUEST HOUSE.

Does anyone know how to book, since CASSADUA GUEST HOUSE has no online booking

Thanks

bandung
16. Re: Backpackers to bandung

hi

for booking cassadua Guest House .send mail to www.cassadua.com or cassadua@gmail.com ph : +62 22 2005822

have fun.

Sydney
reviews: 2
17. Re: Backpackers to bandung

Thanks to bandunggirl

QuocBao

18. Re: Backpackers to bandung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:24 am, September 29, 2009