We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to bandung

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kuala lumpur
1st time to bandung

pls share same tips about bandung ,i will be there on february 2008 my hotel name novatel that chinese year wit my wife,pls guide me ..... about teksi and guide,best place for shoping,night live bar and restorant,place to visit and jeans .

1. Re: 1st time to bandung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 pm, January 10, 2008
2. Re: 1st time to bandung

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:06 am, January 10, 2008
kuala lumpur
3. Re: 1st time to bandung

HI,its novotel hotel out off town? which is main place to stay? how many miles this hotel to town area? how about novotel hotel? which is happening town? pls explain me....

thanks bro.

Bandung
4. Re: 1st time to bandung

Novotel it isn't in out of town but close. from Novotel to shopping area it's not so far. you can reach to Jeans street, DAGO, RIAU, Setiabudi, etc that all those place are shopping area. but in my suggetst you prefer explore shopping centre by car or rent car.

5. Re: 1st time to bandung

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 10:09 am, January 10, 2008
Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: 1st time to bandung

HI,its novotel hotel out off town? which is main place to stay? how many miles this hotel to town area? how about novotel hotel? which is happening town? pls explain me....

thanks bro.

Novotel Bandung is located in city.

Taxi is easy to get, but I recommend you to use BLUE BIRD taxi (call 0062227561234).

Shopping spots :

- Factory Outlets (riau street, dago street, setiabudhi street)

- Shopping Malls with open space concept : Parijs Van Java, Cihampelas Walk

- local branded thus very cheap : Pasar Baru, kiosks along cihampelas street.

Night live : Parijs van Java, Cihameplas Walk, Paskal Hypersquare (each location has several clubs / lounges)

Resto :

too many to mention !!!

Places to visit :

bandung has everything for your interest : adventour, bookstore, spa, culinary, mountains, sport... etc etc...

Kuala Lumpur...
7. Re: 1st time to bandung

I have stayed at Novotel for a few times. Overall - the room is spacious and very comfortable. The decor is modern. Don't miss it's breakfast - my personal favourite is the lontong with pumpkin soup, yellowish color - heaven.

Location wise - it sits along Chiampelas but not quite near to the famous Jean street. You still need some mode of transport to go there. Nothing much around Novotel within walking distance. Other hotels such as Serela, Holiday Inn, or even Sawungaling will be nearer to the FOs.

kuala lumpur
8. Re: 1st time to bandung

hi komin,

thanks for your tips bro, its chiampelas name of road or place ?how you arange your transport ?it is best to hire tour guide wit transport? any tour guide which is you know them? can you please share some knowledge.....?thanks bro.

thashna7

Kuala Lumpur...
9. Re: 1st time to bandung

Chiampelas is a North Bandung road - with a north south direction . Cut in half by the quite new flyover - Pasupati - that runs east west (if you are coming from Jakarta - Bandung Cipularang Highway you will enter Bandung from this Pasupati axis (from Jalan Pasteur) Jeans street is on the north side of Pasupati while Novotel , the South side.

There are a few car rental agencies in Bandung. You can arrange them from your hotel. I would suggest that you hire a car with a driver to travel around Bandung and its surrounding. I believe every Bandung driver should be able to take you to those famous FOs, volcano, resto. Rates depend on car and distance - pusing2 in bandung city in a Kijang should be about Rp350k/day inc. petrol excl. driver's tips and parking.Out of Bandung city - say Kabupaten Bandung at Ciwidey (Bandung South) - price can double.

Recommended resto :

The Valley (at Dago Hills) - Western Food and Kampung Daun (Jalan Sersan Bajuri towards Lembang)local Sundanese food -bit pricey but u won't regret.Remember to enjoy and freely absorb yourself with Sundanese culture, ambiance, hospitality and scenery.

10. Re: 1st time to bandung

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 17, 2009