We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Papua Expedition July 2014: Looking for travel mates

Rho, Italy
reviews: 29
West Papua Expedition July 2014: Looking for travel mates

Hi! I'm organizing an expedition to West Papua in late July 2014 and I'm looking for travel mates.

We are already 3 (2 males aged 50 and 35 and 1 female aged 33) and we need 1-2 people more. We are all from Italy but any nationality is welcome.

I'm planning a 15 days expedition to Baliem Valley plus Korowai area and I'm in touch with a Papuan tour operator.

The cost of the trip will be around 3,500 Euros per person (international & national flights excluded).

It won't be any easy trip and we won't be staying in luxury hotels. We'll be camping most of the time and we'll use nearby rivers to wash ourselves. We'll walk around 5 hours per day, in hot and humid places and sometimes even on logs.

If you're really highly motivated and you would like to join us please contact me.

4 replies to this topic
Bali, Indonesia
reviews: 6
1. Re: West Papua Expedition July 2014: Looking for travel mates

Hi Federince,

would like to, but next year I have unfortunately not the possibility to go to Papua. We've been to Sumatra this year. Visit our free online travel guide at http://indonesia-traveler.com/I/Maluku.php . Maybe you'll have some fun. I wish you good luck in Papua.

Best regards, Reinhard

Trento, Italy
2. Re: West Papua Expedition July 2014: Looking for travel mates

Hi there! I'm very interested in Irian Jaya as well...Baliem valley and Korowai sound just awesome! I was actually thinking of going there in August, therefore see the festival as well..yet, 15 days 3500 Euros.. isn't it a bit too expensive??

London, United...
3. Re: West Papua Expedition July 2014: Looking for travel mates

Hi Federince

I am researching stories for Skype - looking for adventures and things that people are doing which involve Skype.

Can you tell me whether you intend to use Skype in any way on this trip?

louise@the10group.co.uk

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 2
4. Re: West Papua Expedition July 2014: Looking for travel mates

Hi Federica,

I believed you had wonderful experience in Papua especially koroway trip, tell me something about what you had got..? many thanks

Reply to: West Papua Expedition July 2014: Looking for travel mates
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted