We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubud for single woman

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 32
Ubud for single woman

Hi. How safe is it to travel throughout Ubud for a single woman age 30? Especially curious...can I venture out for dinners, or should I eat at the hotel? Looking forward to a quiet, relaxing vacation, but don't like to eat every night in same hotel restaurant.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

nunya
reviews: 25
1. Re: Ubud for single woman

hi miss piqi

you will be quite safe anywhere in bali , if you have any doubts ask for someone to drive you to the resturant and ask the resturant to drive you home , some do have this service.

cheers

batt

London, UK
reviews: 26
2. Re: Ubud for single woman

There are single travelllers abound in Ubud. You will be perfectly safe and made to feel welcome! Get yourself out & about.

Collaroy Beach...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Ubud for single woman

I spent 10 days on my own there a few years ago and was perfectly safe. I walked everywhere, even at night. Check to see if your hotel has a shuttle bus.

Paris
reviews: 1
4. Re: Ubud for single woman

Hi Single woman,

I often come to Ubud alone and I can assure that it is very very safe. Of course you are younger than I and might get some sollicitations from Balinese young men, but they are gentle and there is no risk at all. I recommend Ubud as this is the place I have always come when I come alone. Stay at Komaneka Resort Monkey Forest in the middle of Ubud, magnificent location with a tremendous service, outstanding cleanliness, free high tea, infinite pool and great sceneries fom the rooms. You can stroll to many restaurants [you already find one at Komaneka] most of them are delicious, shops and painting galleries although Komaneka Resort has its own gallery with good exhibitions and a beautiful boutique.

Go and have Babi Guling at the market with the people of the village, seat on the floor [very clean] and just ask for this sukling pig served with vegetables and rice. Very cheap.

Also you get a free entrance and complimentary shuttle to visit the Neka Museum [The painting Museum in Bali].

Well, enjoy and feel very safe although use the Hotel safe for money and passport. We Westerners always represent a temptation for some locals as they imagine us as very rich people! PS. Do not hesitate to bargain in shops there are plenty! And change money at the main money changer close to Casa Luna restaurant [a good one] at about 10 minutes walk from Komaneka Resort Monkey Forest.

Paris
5. Re: Ubud for single woman

Hi Single woman,

I often come to Ubud alone and I can assure that it is very very safe. Of course you are younger than I and might get some sollicitations from Balinese young men, but they are gentle and there is no risk at all. I recommend Ubud as this is the place I have always come when I come alone. Stay at Komaneka Resort Monkey Forest in the middle of Ubud, magnificent location with a tremendous service, outstanding cleanliness, free high tea, infinite pool and great sceneries fom the rooms. You can stroll to many restaurants [you already find one at Komaneka] most of them are delicious, shops and painting galleries although Komaneka Resort has its own gallery with good exhibitions and a beautiful boutique.

Go and have Babi Guling at the market with the people of the village, seat on the floor [very clean] and just ask for this sukling pig served with vegetables and rice. Very cheap.

Also you get a free entrance and complimentary shuttle to visit the Neka Museum [The painting Museum in Bali].

Well, enjoy and feel very safe although use the Hotel safe for money and passport. We Westerners always represent a temptation for some locals as they imagine us as very rich people! PS. Do not hesitate to bargain in shops there are plenty! And change money at the main money changer close to Casa Luna restaurant [a good one] at about 10 minutes walk from Komaneka Resort Monkey Forest.

Paris
6. Re: Ubud for single woman

Hi Single woman,

7. Re: Ubud for single woman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 27, 2009