We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Komaneka MF or Bisma or Alam Shanti ??

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Komaneka MF or Bisma or Alam Shanti ??

Hello,

We are a family of 4 - Kids (6 and 7) going to bali next Aug/ sept - We have narrowed it down to these 3 hotels. We just cant decide , but are after something really nice, views and lots of green and good pool for kids but close to town. they all get great reviews but are all abit different. Komanekas more expensive - but Alam shanti looks lovely and we get a much bigger room- instead of being all in one suite. We do like abit of luxury but also like the real balinese feel and decor? Any help would be great.

Thanks

sarah.

3 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
reviews: 13
1. Re: Komaneka MF or Bisma or Alam Shanti ??

I have not stayed at either Komeneka property but have had cocktails at the Bisma location. It is lovely!

We did stay at Alam Shanti with our kids and absolutely loved it. We booked both the Gangga and Yamuna rooms so had a huge private pool as well. The views of the rice fields are fantastic, as is the service and location. It was an easy stroll into town via the footpath adjacent Monkey Forest, however it is VERY dark at night -- we just took flashlights with us. Our kids are a bit older than yours, so not sure you would want to have both rooms as they would have to go outside, around the building and up the stairs to get to you. Take a look at Alam Jiwa as well -- they have a 2 bedroom villa, though no private pool. If you decide on Shanti, I would suggest the Gangga room upstairs as it has a slightly better view and more room inside. However The Yamuna room had a slightly bigger terrace with an awesome antique daybed with mosquito netting -- perfect for afternoon naps! My boys loved the Yamuna bathroom, too.

I loved the street which the Alam properties are on. It is very pretty, and there are a few shops and restaurants on it. Good coffee, ice cream and Nutella panini at Coffee and Copper right by the entrance to Monkey Forest.

Hope this helps!

New York City, New...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Komaneka MF or Bisma or Alam Shanti ??

Just to throw out another suggestion, we are considering a private villa that looks absolutely heavenly and seems quite affordable considering the luxury it exudes. River Moon Villa. There are two other villas in the same complex which have private pools for just a bit more -- Harvest Moon and Summer Moon villas.

Sydney
reviews: 22
3. Re: Komaneka MF or Bisma or Alam Shanti ??

Hope this doesn't make it harder but we stayed at Samhita Gardens on Jalan Bisma and found they have a three story suite that has a bedroom downstairs (access from ground), a living area including kitchen (access up a flight of stairs) and a top storey bedroom (access via the living area).

It was a really good hotel, good quiet location, big rooms, marble floors (I'm doing a review but haven't finished it yet) - I've stayed at the Komaneka on MF rd so I can compare, they are much of a muchness, Komaneka probably a bit posher but Samhita was very good. The big thing for me was that they negotiated on price - we got a room that shows on the Internet as about $165 as $110 (plus breakfast and Wifi thrown in) so you can negotiate, where the Komaneka is really expensive and as far as I know not negotiable.

Reply to: Komaneka MF or Bisma or Alam Shanti ??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted