We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Kamuela

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
Royal Kamuela

We're staying at Royal Kamuela Ubud for 5 nts, later this week. Could someone give me information on the laundry facilities/prices etc. Does the butler charge for his different services or is he complimentary?. Has anyone had a cooking lesson with a butler? Will he do the washing and ironing, does he charge? Does one tip him?

Perth, Australia
reviews: 24
1. Re: Royal Kamuela

Cant comment but love to hear how your stay goes. We have a week booked at the end of April :)

Perth, Australia
reviews: 22
2. Re: Royal Kamuela

Hi there

Just got back from 5 days at Royal Kamuela.

The butler is free, but we did tip him at the end. Didn't use the laundry service and I think this would be different to the butler servie anyhow, but there is a big one just outside & up to road so I wouldn't use the hotel one, it would be about 4 times the price, but up to you.

Hope this help, ask if you want anything else.

cheers

Lori

Hepburn Springs...
reviews: 43
3. Re: Royal Kamuela

Hi Barb

We stayed at Royal Kamuela last August and loved it, didn't use the laundry service , cheaper up the road.

Your butler mainly organises your car trips, breakfast and room service

I wouldn't think the cooking class would be nearly as interesting experience as

The Paon cooking school, highly recommend it .

Brisbane, Australia
4. Re: Royal Kamuela

Hi Lori

Thanks for the info. It's good to hear there's a laundry close by. Any info you can give us on your stay would be welcome.

Cheers

Barb

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Royal Kamuela

Thanks Hepsprings

We'll certainly check it out. I've googled supermarkets, it seems the biggest is a bit out of town, is this correct? I only drink bubbly, does anyone know where to get it at reasonable price?

Cheers

Barb

Hepburn Springs...
reviews: 43
6. Re: Royal Kamuela

From memory Cocos was the closest supermarket ,walk or grab your driver to save you lugging stuff back, I bought Hattons bubbles there , local and not bad, all other sparkling is pretty expensive

Brisbane, Australia
7. Re: Royal Kamuela

Thanks for that I'll try it.

Barb

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 52
8. Re: Royal Kamuela

Metragnome, we are also staying for a week at the end of April. Looking forward to any current reviews.

Brisbane, Australia
9. Re: Royal Kamuela

Just got back from Bali. Royal Kamuela was just divine. We ate breakfast every day in the coffee shop as we were travelling with my sister and her husband. The resort was only half full and as everyone else ate in their rooms we had the place to ourselves. Just fabulous. They opened the coffee shop specially for us with at least 2 staff members as well as the chef most days. The ambience in the coffee shop is stunning and you should try it even if it's only once (look up for the biggest gecko you'll ever see). Breakfast was very good, we tried the English breakfast, American breakfast, omeletes, fruit juices etc. Faultless.We also dined there the first night as we got in late. I had beef rendang but I really can't recommend it, nice flavour but dry.The four of us had the romantic reijsstafel in one villa together (the staff were a bit bemused as it's supposed to be romantic) but they decorated the pool with rose petals anyway and it was beautiful. The reijsstafel was pretty good also.

Monkeys visited almost everyday but didn't come into our space and kept their distance. Afternoon tea a bit strange but worth trying once. Staff were attentive and helpful. BEWARE the mosquito fogging every Saturday arvo. We had no warning and when we complained about it all pouring over the fence into our villa the person on duty shrugged us off and said there is a notice on brown paper in your room. He was referring to the black folder on the desk with guest info in it but the paper in question was absent. I complained the next day again to a different person on the desk after ascertaining "the brown paper" wasn't there and received an apology and a brown paper was inserted inside the front cover for future reference. We used the laundry service as the prices were ridiculously cheap (something like $1.50 au for a shirt). The tea shirts were neatly folded but my clothes weren't ironed. We used the resorts driver a couple of times, pretty cheap but had to be booked in advance (even for the free service around town) but you can save a little bit by picking a driver off the street. We had one called Momon, picked him up straight out the front, he was very good. If you use him say hello from us. He took us to Bedugal botanic gardens and down to Intercontinental at Jimbaren Bay when we left.

Tried the Hattens bubbly, I don't like sweet but found the sparkling Rose the nicest. Recommend Ibu Ray near the market for dinner, the driver will take you there and pick you up.

Only downside: Our bathroom wasn't very clean but they cleaned it after I asked - I am very fussy!

Supermarket was good. Had cooking class at Jimbaren Bay. Would I go back to RK? Yes.

Have a nice stay. Anything else you need to know just ask.

Barb

Perth, Australia
reviews: 24
10. Re: Royal Kamuela

Great review Barb. :)

Louise, might see you there. We're booked from the 26th of April.