We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking accommodation ubud - before or after arrival?

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wollongong
booking accommodation ubud - before or after arrival?

Wondering if anybody knows if it would be cheaper to book in Bali after we arrive. We will be based in Nusa Dua but would like to spend a couple of nights in Ubud.

1. Re: booking accommodation ubud - before or after arrival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, November 08, 2012
Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
reviews: 30
2. Re: booking accommodation ubud - before or after arrival?

Sorry Gusti-ngurah, not advertising allowed on this forum.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
reviews: 217
3. Re: booking accommodation ubud - before or after arrival?

best to do your research, find a place you like in a good location within your budget and book ahead. Nothing worse than wandering around in the heat wasting holiday time looking for a place. Reviews and photos on TA will help you decide. The days of cheaper 'walk in rates' are basically over. Smaller private establishments may give you a better rate but the more popular places book out in advance

Bali, Indonesia
reviews: 11
4. Re: booking accommodation ubud - before or after arrival?

Depends what time of the year you will be travelling. If in high or peak season definitely book ahead of time. If low season you can go shopping for better deals but it is time consuming.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran
reviews: 82
5. Re: booking accommodation ubud - before or after arrival?

It's not necessarily a question of cheaper...but if you wait to come to Ubud then you will be able to check out the exact hotel you want...before you commit. there are tons of hotels in all price ranges and in different locations around Ubud so you will have lots to choose from.

Even in the quasi high season of the 2 weeks between Christmas and New Year there are always lots of rooms availble.

EU
reviews: 34
6. Re: booking accommodation ubud - before or after arrival?

If low season, I would presume you can book 1st night at least so less stress and then scout.

Perth
7. Re: booking accommodation ubud - before or after arrival?

I often look around for accom after arrival...sus out a place first before deciding. This is what I do most of the time when travelling alone -- however hubby would never agree to this and when I tried this with my sister last year on a trip to Bali it just stressed her out!

I travel light and enjoy checking places before deciding...it's part of the fun for me, but not to everyone's taste (I usually do a bit of research at home beforehand to shortlist properties).

I never travel at peak time, so being booked out is never a worry -- but should be considered!

8. Re: booking accommodation ubud - before or after arrival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 03, 2013