We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

living in ubud

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
living in ubud

I am thinking of spending 6 months of the year in Ubud and 6 months in Australia. I am a pensioner on a full pension and usually spend a month at a time but would like to extend that, any feedback would be appreciated.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
1. Re: living in ubud

Before you get too enthused, check the new rules for the amount of time pensioners can be overseas without their pension being affected, as the rules have recently been changed to limit this.

Broome, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome
reviews: 41
2. Re: living in ubud

These may be of help;

http://www.baliexpat.com/

and

expat-blog.com/en/…

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
reviews: 1
3. Re: living in ubud

Sounds wonderful to me, but as YorkFoodie said you might need to check the pensioner rules. You used to be able to live overseas on an Australian pension, which many ex-pats in Bali do, but I'm not too sure of the rules now. If you find out please post on this forum as i'm sure it will interest a lot of people.

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: living in ubud

Thanks for your feedback I am aware Centrelink have now changed the rules and will certainly post them after visiting Centrelink next week.

Melbourne
reviews: 17
5. Re: living in ubud

Just ring centre link, they can give you this info over the phones.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 13
6. Re: living in ubud

If you look at the centerlink web site that will tell you

Edited: 6:11 am, September 01, 2012
7. Re: living in ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 03, 2013